Re: [infoguys-list] was the stroke avoidable.

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
      Yeah, OK, but I'd feel sooooooooo dirty afterwards . . .

      ; )

      Bill

      In a message dated 11/1/2010 12:14:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      rth@... writes:

      _oracleintl@..._ (mailto:oracleintl@...) , wrote the following at
      or about 11/1/2010 10:51 AM:
      > I have never been that slow!

      I respect you, Bill, but that's bull&^%!

      Considering the task discussed, I KNOW for a fact that you have at least
      30-40 minutes available for just goofing off at least once every week!:-D

      --

      Enjoy,

      /Bob/
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      NAPPS
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
      337-4638 Fax
      email: _inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...)
      <mailto:_inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...) > or
      _rth@..._ (mailto:rth@...) <mailto:_rth@..._
      (mailto:rth@...) >
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

    • oracleintl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
        So, you're the moderator, demand proof or bounce her out of here.

        Bill

        In a message dated 11/1/2010 12:07:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        suesarkis@... writes:

        Bill -

        I must admit that I am now at a cross between angered and bewildered.
        Angered because my repeated requests for the answer about the winner have
        gone
        not only unanswered but totally ignored. Bewildered because now I would
        also like to know who won the iPod which she offered early last month. If
        my memory serves me correctly, she was going to raffle that after she
        received 300 opinions. Perhaps she hasn't received 300 yet.

        I truly don't remember how many responses to the inquiry there were and I
        also do not know whether there were private responses. What I do know,
        however, is that the question should be answered immediately, if not
        sooner.

        ________________________

        _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

        thank a military veteran

        In a message dated 11/1/2010 8:32:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        _oracleintl@..._ (mailto:oracleintl@...) writes:

        Hey Sue -- I don't think anyone actually responded to that post but me. I
        don't know if she paid that, but I can tell you she didn't pay me.

        That makes you wonder about all this "donation" business doesn't it?

        Bill

        In a message dated 10/29/2010 8:21:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        __suesarkis@..._ (mailto:_suesarkis@...) _
        (mailto:_suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) ) writes:

        Amy -

        John's stroke my pitutti. Who won the $250 for the best analogy that you
        offered. You said the author of the best one would receive $250.

        Who did you pay? How many more times must one ask? Since I didn't submit
        one, obviously I do not have a jealous nor ulterior motive. I just want
        to know who the winner was.

        Sincerely,
        Sue

        In a message dated 10/29/2010 5:16:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        ___Jurydoctor@..._ (mailto:__Jurydoctor@...) _
        (mailto:__Jurydoctor@..._ (mailto:_Jurydoctor@...) ) _
        (mailto:__Jurydoctor@..._ (mailto:_Jurydoctor@...) _
        (mailto:_Jurydoctor@..._ (mailto:Jurydoctor@...) ) ) writes:

        this case involves John's stroke. I need to know what you need to know in
        order to make a decision and what opinions, if any you have about the case.
        $20 to Smile train for each opinion as always your opinions are extremely
        helpful and I thank you in advance.

        Amy

        Plaintiff argues that:

        1. The Primary care physician sent John to the ER thinking he was having
        an evolving stroke.
        The nurse and ER doctor made the correct differential diagnosis of CVA/TIA
        but failed to do the tests necessary to rule out evolving stroke or call
        in a neurologist to consult;

        2. The radiologist should have called the ER doctor to report the
        significant changes in John's brain seen on CT, even though there was no
        "acute"
        (immediate) damage seen;

        3. The hospital is responsible for radiology and ER, plus it had
        complaints from the doctors about the communication between ER and
        radiology and
        failed to take steps to improve the procedures; and,

        4. The proper stroke protocols of putting John on blood thinners and
        providing the interventions to keep his carotid arteries open for blood
        flow
        would have prevented the complete blockage that happened several days
        later.
        Evolving carotid stenosis is among the most readily treatable causes of
        stroke. Timely treatment allows these patients to avoid disaster and live
        long
        and healthy lives.

        The defense argues that:

        1. John was told to follow up with his doctor in three days and did not do
        so (Jane said she signed John out and did not recall this instruction in
        the discharge papers; rather, she thought that if John got better, then it
        was likely the Valium reaction, as the ER doctor told her). John did get
        better. If John followed up with his doctor, he might not have had a major
        stroke.
        But then John acutally experienced a major stroke event and was rushed
        back to the hospital. (Several days later)

        2. John's problem was unavoidable, this is 20/20 hindsight

        3. Jake's underlying hardening of the arteries has continued to progress
        and that is what has made him unable to function; and,

        4. The doctors are independent contractors and if mistakes were made it
        was by the doctors for which the hospital is not responsible.

        John and Jane have since divorced. John moved in across the street with a
        woman who has orthopedic disabilities. Jane continues to feel for John and
        loves him.

        John worked for a company doing computer aided drafting. His last project
        was "Titan". John designed the containers that would be outfitted by the
        military and utilized to transport mobile command and control centers for
        use
        in our war efforts in the middle-east. Jake was an artist and avid
        musician. He had a music studio in his house. He loved to work on old cars
        and
        ride one of his two Harley Davidson motorcycles. His loss of cognition and
        motor controls have rendered him incapable to work or enjoy his hobbies.

      • rjmlegalservices@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
          Stop

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
            Amy -

            I don't doubt the donations and I think I implied that when I mentioned the
            Alzheimer's issue. I am surprised about the minimal amount of responses
            you have received in that I know you post to other groups as well. 15
            seems like a very poor showing.

            However, what I am concerned about is that you offered on this list a
            payment of $250 to the winner in regards to sending in the best analogy
            regarding a scenario you provided. Although I only remember seeing one response
            with an analogy, you might have received many privately. I have no way of
            knowing. However, since it was a post sent exclusively to this group
            contrary to your normal posts I would expect the winner to be from this group.
            We would all like to know who that winner was.

            Now, regarding your poor response numbers. I think Bob Hrodey explained
            why he gave up responding and I am quite positive that many have for the
            same reason. I've mentioned that to you in the past. You do not take the
            time to separate one from the other and it sometimes comes off looking like
            one idiot rambled on incessantly. That, in turn, makes it impossible for any
            of us to respond either in favor or opposed to some of the comments.

            I also believe that many do not respond because your initial posts are
            usually so lacking in information that common sense should dictate we need to
            know. Yes, as we pose questions you usually do state that you will go back
            and ask and do provide answers when you receive them. However, even those
            posts are sometimes convoluted and confusing.

            So, in closing I will ask again, WHO WON THE $250 ????

            Sincerely,
            Sue

            In a message dated 11/1/2010 10:08:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            jurydoctor@... writes:

            Sue,
            I have received 15 opinions so far..You are right 300 opinions. Only
            need 285 to go..
            Please tell Bill that we went thru this donation business 5 years ago when
            the investigators checked me out and called the places I donate to.
            It kind of sickens me...
            But I keep on plugging away.
            Escpecially since, I donate 20 bucks per opinion to charity.. you'd think
            people would respond out of a sheer sense of altruism.
            Perhaps I am too naive.
            I do appreciate your kindness.
            Amy

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
              In a message dated 11/1/2010 10:12:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
              jurydoctor@... writes:

              the $250 best analogy went to Janet Wilson. You can confirm this her email
              address _jwilson5011@..._ (mailto:jwilson5011@...)
              I do not think I am giving out confidential info on her since she posted
              with her email address to another yahoogroup that also gives opinions.
              Amy

              Amy,

              Now wasn't that easy. I do not need to confirm as you wouldn't post if it
              wasn't true. However, would you mind sharing the analogy with us? I
              would like to see it as I pounded my head trying to think of one and truly
              couldn't come up with a beneficial one for your purpose as I understood it to
              be.