Re: [infoguys-list] was the stroke avoidable.

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hey Sue -- I don't think anyone actually responded to that post but me. I
      don't know if she paid that, but I can tell you she didn't pay me.

      That makes you wonder about all this "donation" business doesn't it?

      Bill

      In a message dated 10/29/2010 8:21:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      Amy -

      John's stroke my pitutti. Who won the $250 for the best analogy that you
      offered. You said the author of the best one would receive $250.

      Who did you pay? How many more times must one ask? Since I didn't submit
      one, obviously I do not have a jealous nor ulterior motive. I just want
      to know who the winner was.

      Sincerely,
      Sue

      In a message dated 10/29/2010 5:16:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      _Jurydoctor@..._ (mailto:Jurydoctor@...) writes:

      this case involves John's stroke. I need to know what you need to know in
      order to make a decision and what opinions, if any you have about the case.
      $20 to Smile train for each opinion as always your opinions are extremely
      helpful and I thank you in advance.

      Amy

      Plaintiff argues that:

      1. The Primary care physician sent John to the ER thinking he was having
      an evolving stroke.
      The nurse and ER doctor made the correct differential diagnosis of CVA/TIA
      but failed to do the tests necessary to rule out evolving stroke or call
      in a neurologist to consult;

      2. The radiologist should have called the ER doctor to report the
      significant changes in John's brain seen on CT, even though there was no
      "acute"
      (immediate) damage seen;

      3. The hospital is responsible for radiology and ER, plus it had
      complaints from the doctors about the communication between ER and
      radiology and
      failed to take steps to improve the procedures; and,

      4. The proper stroke protocols of putting John on blood thinners and
      providing the interventions to keep his carotid arteries open for blood
      flow
      would have prevented the complete blockage that happened several days
      later.
      Evolving carotid stenosis is among the most readily treatable causes of
      stroke. Timely treatment allows these patients to avoid disaster and live
      long
      and healthy lives.

      The defense argues that:

      1. John was told to follow up with his doctor in three days and did not do
      so (Jane said she signed John out and did not recall this instruction in
      the discharge papers; rather, she thought that if John got better, then it
      was likely the Valium reaction, as the ER doctor told her). John did get
      better. If John followed up with his doctor, he might not have had a major
      stroke.
      But then John acutally experienced a major stroke event and was rushed
      back to the hospital. (Several days later)

      2. John's problem was unavoidable, this is 20/20 hindsight

      3. Jake's underlying hardening of the arteries has continued to progress
      and that is what has made him unable to function; and,

      4. The doctors are independent contractors and if mistakes were made it
      was by the doctors for which the hospital is not responsible.

      John and Jane have since divorced. John moved in across the street with a
      woman who has orthopedic disabilities. Jane continues to feel for John and
      loves him.

      John worked for a company doing computer aided drafting. His last project
      was "Titan". John designed the containers that would be outfitted by the
      military and utilized to transport mobile command and control centers for
      use
      in our war efforts in the middle-east. Jake was an artist and avid
      musician. He had a music studio in his house. He loved to work on old cars
      and
      ride one of his two Harley Davidson motorcycles. His loss of cognition and
      motor controls have rendered him incapable to work or enjoy his hobbies.

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
        oracleintl@..., wrote the following at or about 11/1/2010 10:30 AM:
        > Hey Sue -- I don't think anyone actually responded to that post but me. I
        > don't know if she paid that, but I can tell you she didn't pay me.
        >
        > That makes you wonder about all this "donation" business doesn't it?

        I gave up on Amy a long time ago. Unless somebody reposts her stuff it
        goes right in the kill file. It wasn't so much that her stuff "smelled
        funny" (although it surely did) but her singular inability to properly
        quote responses made it damn near impossible to make heads or tails out
        of anything but the initial post.

        I can only imagine what work product her clients received.

        If you ever find out that she actually made the donation, awarded the
        prize, whatever... please share. Otherwise, it's obviously a nice piece
        of work for Bill to work on if things ever get slow. Probably not much
        of a challenge but...

        --

        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        NAPPS
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
        337-4638 Fax
        email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...> or
        rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

      • oracleintl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
          I have never been that slow!

          Bill

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
            Bill -

            I must admit that I am now at a cross between angered and bewildered.
            Angered because my repeated requests for the answer about the winner have gone
            not only unanswered but totally ignored. Bewildered because now I would
            also like to know who won the iPod which she offered early last month. If
            my memory serves me correctly, she was going to raffle that after she
            received 300 opinions. Perhaps she hasn't received 300 yet.

            I truly don't remember how many responses to the inquiry there were and I
            also do not know whether there were private responses. What I do know,
            however, is that the question should be answered immediately, if not sooner.

            ________________________

            thank a military veteran

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
              oracleintl@..., wrote the following at or about 11/1/2010 10:51 AM:
              > I have never been that slow!

              I respect you, Bill, but that's bull&^%!

              Considering the task discussed, I KNOW for a fact that you have at least
              30-40 minutes available for just goofing off at least once every week!:-D

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
                Yeah, OK, but I'd feel sooooooooo dirty afterwards . . .

                ; )

                Bill

                In a message dated 11/1/2010 12:14:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                rth@... writes:

                _oracleintl@..._ (mailto:oracleintl@...) , wrote the following at
                or about 11/1/2010 10:51 AM:

                <mailto:_inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...) > or
                _rth@..._ (mailto:rth@...) <mailto:_rth@..._

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
                  So, you're the moderator, demand proof or bounce her out of here.

                  Bill

                  _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                • rjmlegalservices@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
                    Stop

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
                      Amy -

                      I don't doubt the donations and I think I implied that when I mentioned the
                      Alzheimer's issue. I am surprised about the minimal amount of responses
                      you have received in that I know you post to other groups as well. 15
                      seems like a very poor showing.

                      However, what I am concerned about is that you offered on this list a
                      payment of $250 to the winner in regards to sending in the best analogy
                      regarding a scenario you provided. Although I only remember seeing one response
                      with an analogy, you might have received many privately. I have no way of
                      knowing. However, since it was a post sent exclusively to this group
                      contrary to your normal posts I would expect the winner to be from this group.
                      We would all like to know who that winner was.

                      Now, regarding your poor response numbers. I think Bob Hrodey explained
                      why he gave up responding and I am quite positive that many have for the
                      same reason. I've mentioned that to you in the past. You do not take the
                      time to separate one from the other and it sometimes comes off looking like
                      one idiot rambled on incessantly. That, in turn, makes it impossible for any
                      of us to respond either in favor or opposed to some of the comments.

                      I also believe that many do not respond because your initial posts are
                      usually so lacking in information that common sense should dictate we need to
                      know. Yes, as we pose questions you usually do state that you will go back
                      and ask and do provide answers when you receive them. However, even those
                      posts are sometimes convoluted and confusing.

                      So, in closing I will ask again, WHO WON THE $250 ????

                      Sincerely,
                      Sue

                      In a message dated 11/1/2010 10:08:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                      jurydoctor@... writes:

                      Sue,
                      I have received 15 opinions so far..You are right 300 opinions. Only
                      need 285 to go..
                      Please tell Bill that we went thru this donation business 5 years ago when
                      the investigators checked me out and called the places I donate to.
                      It kind of sickens me...
                      But I keep on plugging away.
                      Escpecially since, I donate 20 bucks per opinion to charity.. you'd think
                      people would respond out of a sheer sense of altruism.
                      Perhaps I am too naive.
                      I do appreciate your kindness.
                      Amy

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 1, 2010
                        In a message dated 11/1/2010 10:12:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                        jurydoctor@... writes:

                        the $250 best analogy went to Janet Wilson. You can confirm this her email
                        address _jwilson5011@..._ (mailto:jwilson5011@...)
                        I do not think I am giving out confidential info on her since she posted
                        with her email address to another yahoogroup that also gives opinions.
                        Amy

                        Amy,

                        Now wasn't that easy. I do not need to confirm as you wouldn't post if it
                        wasn't true. However, would you mind sharing the analogy with us? I
                        would like to see it as I pounded my head trying to think of one and truly
                        couldn't come up with a beneficial one for your purpose as I understood it to
                        be.