Talk about what goes around ---

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2010
      I know this is very wrong of me but in light of yesterday's court decision
      involving this very same mall, all I feel inside is that God does truly
      work in strange ways. I'm sorry so many people will be temporarily out of
      work. However, that includes the stupid security company !!!!

      Oct 21, 2010 9:37 pm US/Pacific
      Fire Destroys Part Of Roseville Galleria Mall
      ROSEVILLE (CBS/AP) ―

      Click to enlarge
      1 of 5 (javascript:displayDiv("img_1"))

      Dave Grashoff

      Click to enlarge
      (javascript:displayDiv("img_0")) 2 of 5 (javascript:displayDiv("img_2"))

      CBS

      Click to enlarge
      (javascript:displayDiv("img_1")) 3 of 5 (javascript:displayDiv("img_3"))

      CBS

      Hours after police officers arrested a suspect who allegedly set a fire
      and barricaded himself inside the Roseville Galleria Mall, firefighters have
      finally been able to contain the blaze.

      According to officials, firefighters are inside the mall and will remain
      on scene all night to monitor hot spots.

      "With all the debris portions of the roof that fell in that created
      pockets of hot spots, so that is what firefighters are working on as we speak.
      Some active flames, crews going after hot spots, " said Dennis Mathisen,
      Division Chief, Roseville Fire Department.

      A thick plume of black smoke could be seen for miles. Firefighters were
      only able to fight the fire from the outside of the building because a
      portion of the roof has collapsed in the area of the GameStop. The mall's
      sprinkler system is working and had been keeping the flames at bay until around 2
      p.m.

      Firefighters had been kept out of the mall for hours as police apprehended
      the suspect and tried to analyze the contents of his backpack. Officers
      were getting close to determining the bag's contents when the nearby fire got
      too big, forcing officers to abandon their operation. Police now say that
      the fire may have been set by the suspect in different areas of the mall --
      in the roof or in an external crawl space.

      The incident began just after 10 a.m. when the suspect entered the
      GameStop store, which is located on the second floor between Macy's and JCPenney.

      Employees at the store say the suspect, who a friend and co-worker has
      identified as Alexander Corney Piggee, 23,(the city of Roseville reports that
      his name is spelled 'Pigee') who is said to be a transient, made some
      incoherent remarks about his sister being held captive and ordered employees
      out of the store, telling them that he had a gun. None of the employees saw
      the gun. The man then set a fire inside the store. Witnesses tell CBS13 they
      saw smoke billowing out the front doors of GameStop. They then saw SWAT
      officers with guns drawn approaching the store and ordered the suspect out.

      At 12:15, officers captured the suspect outside the GameStop store in a
      corridor where he was attempting to hide, they say. Three heavily armed
      officers walked the hand-cuffed man out of the mall to an outside bench where
      they kept him for nearly an hour. The suspect was also checked out by
      paramedics before he was taken away in a Roseville Police patrol car.

      The suspect was taken to a local hospital to be evaluated as a
      precautionary measure, but has since been transported and booked into the Placer
      County Jail.

      The suspect was wearing a black hooded-sweat shirt, a purple t-shirt with
      the words "Pretty Boy" written in graffiti-style script on the front, a
      bandana tied around his neck and dark blue jeans.

      There had been reports of possible shots fired, but police now say that
      may have been a window breaking or flash bang grenades used to detain the
      suspect.

      Officers from CHP, Placer County Sheriff's Department and fire personnel
      were assisting Roseville police and mall security.

      The mall fire isn't the first one set by the suspect today. He allegedly
      also started a fire this morning at a Wal-Mart in Antelope where he worked.
      A co-worker and friend of the suspect said the suspect had glassy eyes and
      "seemed out of it." He also had luggage, which she said seemed odd.
      Sacramento Metro Fire Department came to the store to put the fire out. By that
      time, the suspect was gone.

      Piggee's coworker and friend also told CBS13 that the "past couple of
      weeks had been very hard on him." Apparently, Piggee was recently in a car
      accident, and had been on Oxycontin. She also said that his mother had kicked
      him out of the house a few months ago, and that may explain why he had
      luggage in his possession.

      CBS13 interviewed the Piggee's mother, who said she told him to move out
      of the family house several months ago because he was old enough to live on
      his own. Since then, he had been rotating among family members, said the
      woman, Mary Carter.

      "He wasn't a bad kid. I don't know what happened," she told CBS13.

      She went on to say that her son had developed mental health problems in
      the past couple of years and that he recently was fired from a fast-food
      burger chain in West Sacramento.

      Piggee is facing charges of aggravated arson and criminal threats, police
      say.

      Officials say the Roseville Galleria could be closed or limited in
      operations for months because of Thursday's blaze.

      "We were all talking about how this was going to affect the holidays -- it
      couldn't be worse," said Michele Witte of neighboring Rocklin, who
      frequently came to the Galleria at 5 a.m. for "Black Friday" sales after
      Thanksgiving.

      "Especially when they added some of the high-end stores, people would
      travel here just to shop," she said. "They came here instead of San Francisco."

      The 240-store mall, operated by Westfield Corp., was built in 2000 and
      includes a Nordstrom. It underwent a $270 million expansion that was completed
      in 2008, adding Louis Vuitton, Tiffany and Burberry and other high-end
      stores.

      Westfield Group spokeswoman Katy Dickey said there are no estimates yet on
      the cost of the damage.

    • Rus B. Robison
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2010
        Sue,

        I must have missed the earlier part of the thread about the "stupid security
        company". What did they do wrong? I did not see a reference to them in the
        last episode.

        Thanks.

        With kindest regards, I remain...

        Very truly yours,

        ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC

        PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

        Rus B. Robison

        General Manager

        PO Box 720560

        Oklahoma City, OK 73172-0560

        (405) 721-2295

        Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency

        _____

[...]

        size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

        No virus found in this message.