infants BP-comment

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
      Since this was such vital information, the manufacturer should have given the hospital staff a training session on using this and the adult device.
      I do not like the fact that the rep didn't insist on getting orders for the infusion pump.
      How can you know what you don't know to ask?

      why would they assume the pediatric version needed a pump when the adult version didn't?
      Is there any other device like this where the pediatric version has more parts? If yes, how is that handled?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2010
        In a message dated 10/7/2010 9:11:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        Jurydoctor@... writes:

        I do not like the fact that the rep didn't insist on getting orders for
        the infusion pump.
        How can you know what you don't know to ask?

        why would they assume the pediatric version needed a pump when the adult
        version didn't?
        1) The rep would have nothing to do with placing or filling orders.
        That is handled between the purchasing agent/s and the
        manufacturer/distributor. All hospitals have hundreds of infusion pumps all over the place, at
        least if they ever give IV's.

        2) Read the damn instructions !!!!!!

        3) The pediatric unit nurses usually wouldn't have a clue what is used
        on the adult floors.

        Pediatric intensive care is a very, very specialized field and anytime
        something new is introduced you must take the time to read the instructions
        when the unit is introduced to the floor, not when you are first using it. I
        truly fault the shift charge nurses with that oversight.