Re: [infoguys-list] Nationwide Investigators

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 13, 2010
      I have about a million different ways to go with this inquiry since I've
      been working U/P for almost 40 years.

      First and foremost, since this list is open to the general public, don't we
      look really professional and experienced asking a basic "who do I contact"
      inquiry when we should be able to investigate on our own? However, I also
      understand the time involved in searching and it would be easier for
      someone to just give us the contact info. You can always start here -
      _http://www.crimetime.com/licensing.htm_ (http://www.crimetime.com/licensing.htm)

      So, you want to know the contact info. Why? What are you going to do
      about it? Are you going to whine and snivel about the unlicensed solicitors?
      Or, in the alternative, are you going to conduct a bonafide investigation
      whereby after you have proof of the services they provide in the areas they
      are not licensed in along with the fees they charge and hopefully some
      sort of signed contract or something similar, are you going to prepare a
      declaration under penalty of perjury for them to have something serious to open
      an investigation? If not, don't expect them to conduct the investigations
      based on your dropping a dime.

      Last, but definitely not least. For those of you who are advertising that
      you can provide services nationwide, please understand that unless you are
      so duly licensed in each and every state that you claim you can provide
      services in, you are breaking the law and you will be dogged by the ever
      growing number of licensees who are fed up. Do not think for one second that
      someone waved a wand and Kevin Sianez was busted. He was dogged for a few
      years by quite a few licensees throughout the country. I know I filed my
      first complaint against him about 3 yrs ago. People used ruses to snare him.
      Others found victims of various frauds and turned them over to the
      investigators. Some even used their own names and had their lives threatened.

      Regardless, it worked !!!! Watch your back because we are watching !!!!

      ________________________

      thank a military veteran

    • hawkrudner
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
        Its crazy to say ok lets go after one person that is advertising nationwide when 80% of the thousands of PI's out there advertise nationwide. We have counted well over 718 Private Investigators who are clearly advertising nationwide over and over again on the net. I dont know about the rest of you but its hard to point the finger at one person when virtually everyone pointing the finger is doing the same darn thing. I have to sleep at night and look myself in the mirror each day and answer to god each night.

        Anyway we have a list compiled that we are adding to daily with nearing 1000 Private Investigators who are breaking the law and advertising nationally. Please share your information with us about others and we can add them to the list as well.

        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "hawkrudner" <hawkrudner@...> wrote:

        > Can someone help with who to contact in Texas, Nevada, Illinois, Oregon, Washington? I have noticed at least 300 Private Investigation firms and probably a lot more, advertising nationwide services when they are only licensed in their given state?
        >
        > This issue needs to be addressed and reported to each individual state as its getting out of control. Nearly every single PI advertises Nationwide in violation of individual state laws clearly.

      • S.R.
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010

          Can someone help with who to contact in Texas, Nevada, Illinois,
          Oregon, Washington? I have noticed at least 300 Private Investigation
          firms and probably a lot more, advertising nationwide services when
          they are only licensed in their given state?

          This issue needs to be addressed and reported to each individual
          state as its getting out of control. Nearly every single PI
          advertises Nationwide in violation of individual state laws clearly.<<<

          Hmmm...so many comments come to mind. A few:

          1. For Texas, call us.

          2. Many firms - including us - are in fact licensed in multiple
          states. With reciprocity, temp permits, 3 states that don't have
          licenses, and our actual licensed locations, we are legally able to
          conduct investigations in 26 states. In most of the remaining states
          (without reciprocity) we have either partners or folks with whom
          we've been working for many years (as good examples, PR, AK,
          MI)...and so, yes, we feel comfortable offering essentially
          "nationwide" services. Legally. Many overseas locations, too
          (including some locations where I personally have lived and worked
          onsite.)

          3. Join associations. They check the licensing for you. (Not that you
          also shouldn't check.) And they provide geographic
          directories.That'll solve your prob...probably.

          Steven.

          (Steven Rambam, CFE, CPP, PSP, PCI, Director.)
          (for: Pallorium, Inc.)

          direct email: rambam@...

          THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
          PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
          THE MAILSERVER.

          Pallorium, Inc.
          P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
          Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA

          Telephone: (001) 212-969-0286
          FAX: (001) 212-858-5720

          ____________

          Electronic Mail: pallorium@...

          ____________

          WEB: http://www.pallorium.com
          ____________

          * Licensed Investigators * Database Services *

          * U.S.A. Affiliates in New York, Texas, Louisiana and California *

          * IIN * WAD * WIN * NAIS * ION * AIIP * NCISS * BOMP * COIN *
          * ASIS * ACFE * IOA * INTELNET * ALDONYS * TALI * SPI *

          ____________

          Join the "INVESTIGATIONS" group at: www.peoplefinder.net/newsgroup.html
          A private, secure and noncompetitive group for investigative
          professionals.

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
            For starters, please use a signature line so we might know who and where
            you are.

            Not all advertisements for nationwide coverage are unlawful. It depends
            upon what they are saying they can do nationwide.

            If I receive a contact from a potential client who just wants to verify
            that John Doe, Esq. is a licensed attorney in NY, I'll handle that in a split
            second. No laws violated. On the other hand, if a potential client has a
            daughter living in NY and wants her daughter's boyfriend investigated and
            followed, I refer them to a NY licensee and do not charge for the referral
            as that would, in fact, be unlawful. That doesn't mean I cannot accept a
            voluntary financial "thank you" should the licensee so insist. However, I
            usually just tell them to remember me if they have work this way.

            It is true that the majority of the ads I've seen do seem to imply that
            they are offering their services nationwide. However, the only way they can
            get caught are: 1) setup by ruse, or 2) a local in that region nail their
            little butt for having worked the case. For the latter they would actually
            have to work an investigation including interviewing the client to
            determine that payment was made and work was conducted even if the work was
            actually performed by a NY licensee. That would still be a violation if payment
            went to the out of stater who then subbed to the NY licensee.

            Why are you maintaining such a list? What are you doing with this list?
            Have you actually taken the time to verify that the various individuals
            are not licensed nationwide?

            In a message dated 9/14/2010 11:47:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
            hawkrudner@... writes:

            Its crazy to say ok lets go after one person that is advertising nationwide
            when 80% of the thousands of PI's out there advertise nationwide. We have
            counted well over 718 Private Investigators who are clearly advertising
            nationwide over and over again on the net. I dont know about the rest of you
            but its hard to point the finger at one person when virtually everyone
            pointing the finger is doing the same darn thing. I have to sleep at night and
            look myself in the mirror each day and answer to god each night.

            Anyway we have a list compiled that we are adding to daily with nearing
            1000 Private Investigators who are breaking the law and advertising
            nationally. Please share your information with us about others and we can add them
            to the list as well.

            ________________________

            thank a military veteran

          • Bill Branscum
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
              I advertise and work cases internationally.

              I have worked in many states as well as overseas.

              Perhaps you should focus on making a living rather than whining about
              something you apparently do not understand. Be careful with that list
              of yours. Someone might sue you just to teach you a lesson.

              Bill Branscum, Investigator
              Oracle International
              Naples Florida

              Sent from my iPhone

            • dkalepi@earthlink.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                Well said Bill…..

                David H. Kale

                Kale Investigation Agency / Kale Adjusting Company
                Est. 1968 - Licensed / Bonded by State of California
                8221 E. Third Street, Suite 400, Downey, CA 90241
                Tel: (562) 869-2535 / Fax: (562) 869-5268
                David H. Kale - Director, State Lic # PI-4748, AJ-0683462

                <http://www.kaleinvestigation.com/> http://www.kaleinvestigation.com | <mailto:dkalepi@...> dkalepi@...

                On Sep 14, 2010, at 2:34 PM, "S.R." <newsgroups@... <mailto:newsgroups%40pallorium.us> > wrote:

                > Can someone help with who to contact in Texas, Nevada, Illinois,
                > Oregon, Washington? I have noticed at least 300 Private Investigation
                > firms and probably a lot more, advertising nationwide services when
                > they are only licensed in their given state?
                >
                > This issue needs to be addressed and reported to each individual
                > state as its getting out of control. Nearly every single PI
                > advertises Nationwide in violation of individual state laws
                > clearly.<<<
                >
                > Hmmm...so many comments come to mind. A few:
                >
                > 1. For Texas, call us.
                >
                > 2. Many firms - including us - are in fact licensed in multiple
                > states. With reciprocity, temp permits, 3 states that don't have
                > licenses, and our actual licensed locations, we are legally able to
                > conduct investigations in 26 states. In most of the remaining states
                > (without reciprocity) we have either partners or folks with whom
                > we've been working for many years (as good examples, PR, AK,
                > MI)...and so, yes, we feel comfortable offering essentially
                > "nationwide" services. Legally. Many overseas locations, too
                > (including some locations where I personally have lived and worked
                > onsite.)
                >
                > 3. Join associations. They check the licensing for you. (Not that you
                > also shouldn't check.) And they provide geographic
                > directories.That'll solve your prob...probably.
                >
                > Steven.
                >
                > (Steven Rambam, CFE, CPP, PSP, PCI, Director.)
                > (for: Pallorium, Inc.)
                >
                > direct email: rambam@... <mailto:rambam%40pallorium.com>
                >
                > THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
                > PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
                > THE MAILSERVER.
                >
                > Pallorium, Inc.
                > P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
                > Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA
                >
                > Telephone: (001) 212-969-0286
                > FAX: (001) 212-858-5720
                >
                > ____________
                >
                > Electronic Mail: pallorium@... <mailto:pallorium%40pallorium.com>
                >
                > ____________
                >
                > WEB: http://www.pallorium.com
                > ____________
                >
                > * Licensed Investigators * Database Services *
                >
                > * U.S.A. Affiliates in New York, Texas, Louisiana and California *
                >
                > * IIN * WAD * WIN * NAIS * ION * AIIP * NCISS * BOMP * COIN *
                > * ASIS * ACFE * IOA * INTELNET * ALDONYS * TALI * SPI *
                >
                > ____________
                >
                > Join the "INVESTIGATIONS" group at: www.peoplefinder.net/
                > newsgroup.html
                > A private, secure and noncompetitive group for investigative
                > professionals.
                >
                > P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

              • Rus B. Robison
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                  Who turns these people loose with an unregulated keyboard?

                  My license is in Oklahoma. I have a local client who has a beef with someone
                  in let's say Nevada.

                  The client comes in, I extract the facts of the case and it becomes apparent
                  that the footwork to be done is in Nevada. So, do I mount a plane and head
                  to Nevada or do I find someone in Nevada who knows the territory to handle
                  that part of the investigation on behalf of my agency?

                  Under most circumstances, I think "B" is the correct answer.

                  Am I violating any licensing laws that someone can point to and say "Shamey,
                  Shamey"?

                  I do not think so.

                  I actually thought this was simple enough that any moron could come to the
                  correct conclusion. I obviously erred.

                  To the person who started this enlightening thread, PLEASE do not tell
                  anyone in the public sector that you are a Private Investigator. You are
                  making the REAL investigators look horrible.

                  With kindest regards, I remain...

                  Very truly yours,

                  ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC

                  PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

                  Rus B. Robison

                  General Manager

                  PO Box 720560

                  Oklahoma City, OK 73172-0560

                  Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency

                  01:35:00

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                    Rus -

                    Although I did not start this thread, I sure as heck will respond to your
                    post. You said the KEY WORDS - "I have a local client ....". You are
                    licensed in OK and your client is in OK and you are paid in OK for work your
                    client wants you to do. It should be safe to assume that the "beef" will
                    wind up in a local court although the perp is in NV. You are not violating
                    any licensing laws of your state or any state for that matter.

                    Now, let's turn the tables on what was being inferred. You are licensed
                    in OK. You are contacted via your website from someone in NY who has a case
                    pending in NY and they need a surveillance on a subject in NY. You take
                    the case and receive your retainer. You sub the work out to a licensee in
                    NY who reports to you. You then report to your client and submit the final
                    bill which the client pays timely. You have already paid the sub in NY.

                    Have you violated the licensing laws of the State of NY? You bet your
                    sweet bippy you have !!!!

                    That's what the original poster was referring too. However, whether or
                    not they are a licensed PI I could not tell you. Their subsequent posts are
                    being rejected for lack of a signature line which they were nicely asked to
                    provide.

                    Sue

                    In a message dated 9/14/2010 7:22:54 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                    rbr007@... writes:

[...]

                  • William Pope
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                      If it is really NV, you need a licensed NV PI to do the work in NV (even if
                      the case originated in another state). Just had this exact thing with NV. so
                      if NV was arbitrary, disregard. but if its really in NV make sure you get a
                      licensed PI in NV. otherwise you're facing criminal sanctions including fine
                      and jail time.

                      William Pope

                      President and Chief Executive Officer

                      Alert Security Patrol, Inc / ACSI, Inc

                      Office: (801) 675-3450

                      Fax: (801) 452-6571

                      Email: <mailto:wpope@...> wpope@...

                      Web: www.alertsp.com

                      If you have received this email in error please notify Alert Security Group
                      of companies. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any
                      attachments for the presence of viruses. Alert Security Group of any of its
                      subsidiary companies accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
                      transmitted by this email. Alert Security Group or any of its subsidiary
                      companies accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the
                      consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided,
                      unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing.

                      rbr007@... <mailto:rbr007%40cox.net> writes:

[...]

                      12:34:00

                    • Rus B. Robison
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                        You are correct, Sue.

                        Me, you, Billy B., Steve and a few others are "old school" enough to
                        understand what is ethical and moreover, legal.

                        I would not accept a case where I could not have direct control over the
                        process. If I send out cases, I specify each time the person doing the work
                        can take a breath. I want to be informed of everything BEFORE it happens.

                        I left another investigator in Oklahoma to think for themselves and they
                        cost me a client and almost a lawsuit for directly contacting an opposing
                        party who was represented by counsel. I still broke down and paid the guy.
                        Am I crazy? Probably so.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                          Rus -

                          You know you are old when you mention "roping" at a meeting of PI's and
                          everyone looks like deer caught in the proverbial headlights.

                          Sue

                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 14, 2010
                            Mr.Pope -

                            I am sorry but you are incorrect. I am fully aware of what the NV code
                            says. However, I am also aware that it violates federal law and even Mechele
                            Rey admitted to me on the telephone a couple of years ago that she and the
                            rest of the AG's office staff are fully aware that it is an unenforceable
                            law.

                            Call her and ask !!!! If you don't have her phone number, ask and I will
                            gladly give it to you.

                            It violates the federal Dormant Commerce Clause which I have posted to this
                            group a number of times. If you would like a copy, just ask.

                            However, while in NV I better not be soliciting business for NV work.
                            But, I always give the wits my business card and mention that if they ever need
                            anything done in CA, they should feel free to contact me.

                            Sincerely,
                            Sue

                            Email: <mailto:_wpope@..._ (mailto:wpope@...) >
                            _wpope@..._ (mailto:wpope@...)

[...]