Last Minute tips for "Hitting the Hill" in DC

  • RodBlytheInv@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2010
      Infoguys Members:

      21 Days and Counting....

      For those investigators and security professionals interested in attending
      the NCISS "Hit the Hill" Campaign in Washington DC in three weeks, JetBlue
      has just announced an End of Summer Sale. The discount airfares are only
      good if booked before midnight on Thursday.

      Some have apparently taken advantage of the JetBlue Unlimited Flights sale
      a few weeks ago, and we are looking forward to lobbying with them - having
      "feet on the ground" in Washington DC, when it counts the most!

      Here are some tips for those who want to attend at the last minute:

      1. Secure your roundtrip airfare (if not JetBlue, try _www.travelzoo.com_
      (http://www.travelzoo.com/) also)
      2. Go to _www.priceline.com_ (http://www.priceline.com/) and start bidding
      on a hotel room in the White House area for $80. Remember, DC has a
      subway, so anywhere you stay will be a short subway ride to the conference
      hotel. The NCISS room rate was $159/night, but the cut-off was last Friday.
      You can always click on _www.washingtonplazahotel.com_
      (http://www.washingtonplazahotel.com/) and see if rooms are available. If not, I would
      recommend bidding for a room, if you don't mind a little inconvenience - think of
      it as an adventure!
      3. Once you are set, call the office of your Member of Congress and request
      an appointment for Wednesday, September 29th.

      Remember, all those who attend the NCISS "Hit the Hill" Campaign in
      Washington DC do so at their own expense. As a member of the NCISS Board of
      Directors, we are not compensated, nor reimbursed, and it is a privilege to
      represent the profession when we walk the halls of these historic institutions.

      For more information on the NCISS "Hit the Hill" Campaign, go to
      _www.nciss.org_ (http://www.nciss.org/) .

      For more information on the JetBlue promotion, go to _www.jetblue.com_
      (http://www.jetblue.com/)

      Thanks,