RE: [infoguys-list] Where can I find a P.I. When I need one?

  • dkalepi@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 28, 2010
      A good source is http://www.privateinvestigatornetwork.com or
      http://www.investigatorsofamerica.com

      David H. Kale

      Kale Investigation Agency / Kale Adjusting Company
      Est. 1968 - Licensed / Bonded by State of California
      8221 E. Third Street, Suite 400, Downey, CA 90241
      Tel: (562) 869-2535 / Fax: (562) 869-5268
      David H. Kale - Director, State Lic # PI-4748, AJ-0683462

      <http://www.kaleinvestigation.com/> http://www.kaleinvestigation.com |
      <mailto:dkalepi@...> dkalepi@...

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 28, 2010
        Worldwide Private Investigator Network is a comprehensive listing service
        of private investigators from the United States and around the world.

        "Comprehensive?"

        Looks to me like a pay to be referred site and looking at whose on there
        and whose not, the only thing you can say for sure about them is they paid.

        You want competence, find someone who knows someone and get a personal
        referral.

        Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
        Oracle International
        Naples, FL 34101
        (239) 304-1639 V
        (239) 304-1640 F
        (239) 641-6782 C

        <mailto:_dkalepi@..._ (mailto:dkalepi@...) >
        _dkalepi@..._ (mailto:dkalepi@...)

        From: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 28, 2010
          Well said Bill, and I will add that I can tell you the website with
          the largest listing of investigators (good & bad) is facebook if your
          looking for volume. If you need quality work I would ask someone just
          like Bill, I work with excellent clients across the nation, and not
          one has any desire nor neede to pay to be "listed"
        • Patrick Smith
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 29, 2010
            Thanks for all the help.  Adding one more that my P.I. friend threw in:  www.pimall.com (www.pimall.com)  I don't know that it is more or less better than any other site at the moment but I will be checking out these resources ASAP.  Take care.

            Patrick

            :-)

            Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
            Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 29, 2010
              Patrick -

              What is it that you actually do in Indiana?

              Forgive my curiosity but I'm always leery of people with the last name of
              Smith who never use a signature line.

              ________________________

              thank a military veteran

            • Patrick Smith
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 29, 2010
                I agree with you, Sue.  Too many people use the name Smith for purposes other than what a name was intended for.  I.E. Checking into a Hotel or Motel under that name and you get funny looks sometimes.  What do I do here in Indiana?  I am a Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/PC Technician/Amateur Web Page Designer all wrapped up in one.  I started out back in 1992 as a Junior Programmer and worked my way up to the level you see now.  I attended Ivy Tech State College back in 1988 - 1991.  That was way back when PCs were just getting started.  I learned how to program in D.O.S. starting with version 1.0 and all the way through Windows 3.11.  I started with an I.B.M. 8088 then went to an 80286 and then into the 80386(my first PC) and then the 80486.  Back then it was all text based menu driven and we thought that 40 megabyte hard drives were big and who would use all that space anyway.  Today we are talking about Terabytes.  Interesting how
                far we have come in really such a short space of time.

                Patrick

                :-)

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 29, 2010
                  Patrick -

                  I have to laugh. Your first was so much bigger than mine. I only had 30
                  Megs but was guaranteed that it would last a lifetime since it could print
                  enough pages to fill the Pentagon if used to maximum memory. It was an 8
                  bit CP/M OS by Digital Research (DR).

                  I also had the loudest, bar none, 24 pin wide carriage dot matrix by
                  Mitsubishi. I then got an Intel 8088 and the rest is history. I spoke and
                  speak fluent BASIC and still use keyboard commands rather than the mouse. I
                  find it to be 10 times faster.

                  That was before you started college.

                  Yep, we've come a long way. I do, however, miss my Telex at times. LOL

                  Sue

                  --- On Sun, 8/29/10, _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...)

                  From: _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) <_suesarkis@..._
                  (mailto:suesarkis@...) >
                  To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)
                  Date: Sunday, August 29, 2010, 2:42 PM

                  Patrick -

                  What is it that you actually do in Indiana?

                  Forgive my curiosity but I'm always leery of people with the last name of

                  Smith who never use a signature line.

                  ________________________

                  _www.sarkispi.com_ (_http://www.sarkispi.com/_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

                  thank a military veteran

                  ________________________

                  thank a military veteran

                • Craig
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 30, 2010
                    My first PC, an 8088, has a 20Mb harddrive and 128k of RAM. Word Perfect 5.0. I thought I was balling then

                    Craig Smith
                    LMC-IPS
                    Davenport, IA
                    (563) 514-1483

                  • oracleintl@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 30, 2010
                      Sue started with a rock, a chisel and a stone tablet.

                      [snicker]

                      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                      Oracle International
                      Naples, FL 34101
                      (239) 304-1639 V
                      (239) 304-1640 F
                      (239) 641-6782 C

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 30, 2010
                        I thought it was a burnt stick on a bearskin?

                        can someone investigate so we know what the truth is.

                        craig-

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 30, 2010
                          Sue, I have updated my signature line.  If that is not what you are talking about, please enlighten me as I have a need to know-it-all and know that I don't.  Thanks!

                          Patrick Smith
                          :-)
                          Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/PC Technician/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 31, 2010
                            Patrick, join the millions of the rest of us looking for that dream job
                            that just does not seem to be out there no matter how hard you look.... wish you
                            luck,

                            Catherine L . Olen, LPI, State of FL
                            Olen Professional Investigative Services, LLC
                            Kissimmee, FL 34759
                            FL A2700353/C2600852
                            Office: 863-438-4743
                            Mobile: 863-944-7862
                            Fax: 775-218-9245
                            http://www.oleninvestigations.com
                            http://www.linkedin.com
                            http://www.fali.com
                            http://orangecountybar.org

                            Member: F.A.L.I., N.A.I.S.
                            Associate Member: L.P.D.A.M.
                            Association: F.L.I.P - Female Legal and Investigative Professionals
                            Association/Member: Orange County Bar Association #9661985

                            "In God We Trust"
                            This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for
                            the use of it's recipients or agents/employees thereof. If you are not the
                            intended recipient of this communication and you have received this in error,
                            any dissemination or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. In the event
                            you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify sender by e-mail and

                            "Serving all of your Investigative Needs"

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 31, 2010
                              I agree with you Catherine.  That dream job may be a myth but I still continue to pursue it.  There is one quote that I like to think about.  It goes:  "Find something you like to do and then find a way to get paid for it!"  author unknown.  Well, I get to play with computers all day and get paid for it.  I guess that would count.    And when I say play I really mean programming, rebuilding and taking care of them.  People look to me for advice and help on their computers.  I am happy to oblige because God gave me the talent to know how to make a computer work and all I am doing is sharing what he gave me.  I don't know... maybe I have found my dream job for the moment.  Now, if I could get paid really well for what I do,,,,  Humm.

                              Patrick Smith
                              :-)

                              From: suesarkis@... <suesarkis@...>

                              To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com