Re: for what it's worth.. comment

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 7:16 AM
      Well after thinking about it, NOTHING really matters in this case that is relevant to the plaintiff's age, family background and anything the defense can think of. He was a HUMAN BEING, he was a PARENT and it is bad enough to lose one because of old age or sickness but this was just awful way to lose your life. The police department has a DUTY to "protect and serve". I hope to God this is not how they interpret this. This was awful and here is what I would award-$5 million to the 14 year old and $2.5 million to every other surviving child. If it were me, and as you can say, no amount of money could ever replace a parent but I would go for it all, to the MAX of whatever the hell I could get.