Re: for what it is worth?-comment

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
      Need to know where he was as far as his shift (the beginning, the end and if at the end how many hours he worked and was he on any medication) and then I will answer.

      Both the victim and the defendent agree on the facts!!!!!!!!!!

      On 10/29/08, Manuel , age 60, in excellent health with no health issues, was driving south on US Highway in a Dodge Van when a Sheriff’s vehicle, heading north US HIghway, crossed the median (sherriff fell asleep at the wheel) and struck Manuel’s vehicle head on. Manuel received fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.

      The Sheriff’s Office has admitted liability for causing the accident and the death of Manuel . Manny is survived by five children whose ages are14, 24, 31, 33 and 34.

      His surviving children are claiming past and future mental pain and suffering, loss of parental companionship and guidance, and support and services. Problems with

      a. Age of decedent (60) and surviving children, all but one are over the age of majority;

      b. Decedent was not a United States citizen but is from Honduras and was here under a work visa;

      c. Decedent was gainfully employyed andworked as a maintenance man at the Same job for 9 years earning $32,000.00 per year;

      d. Decedent was not married to either of the survivors’ two mothers;

      e. Two of the five survivors reside in Honduras;

      f. Two of the five survivors require an interpreter along with the mother of the two youngest children (Elva Sanchez) with whom decedent resided; and

      g. The youngest child, Chriss Matute, age 14, is still dependent on his father and lived at home he currently resides with his mother, Elva Sanchez.

      :

      Here is what I need to know:

      How much will you award 14 year old chriss for :

      grief $____________

      loss of guidance/companionship $________________

      pain and suffering $________________

      loss of support and services $____________

      How much will you award 24 year oldLyn for :

      grief $____________

      loss of guidance/companionship $________________

      pain and suffering $________________

      loss of support and services $____________

      How much will you award 31 year oldSteven for :

      grief $____________

      loss of guidance/companionship $________________

      pain and suffering $________________

      loss of support and services $____________

      How much will you award33 year old Janice for :

      grief $____________

      loss of guidance/companionship $________________

      pain and suffering $________________

      loss of support and services $____________

      How much will you award 34 year oldSally for :

      grief $____________

      loss of guidance/companionship $________________

      pain and suffering $________________

      loss of support and services $____________

      What questions do you have in order to answer these questions.

      thanks again,

      Amy

    • Mary Berg
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
        Here is what I need to know:

        How much will you award 14 year old chriss for :

        grief $10,000

        loss of guidance/companionship $10,000

        pain and suffering $10,000

        loss of support and services $200,000

        How much will you award 24 year oldLyn for :

        grief $10,000

        loss of guidance/companionship $ZERO

        pain and suffering $ZERO

        loss of support and services $ZERO

        How much will you award 31 year oldSteven for :

        grief $10,000

        loss of guidance/companionship $ZERO

        pain and suffering $ZERO

        loss of support and services $ZERO

        How much will you award33 year old Janice for :

        grief $10,000

        loss of guidance/companionship $ZERO

        pain and suffering $ZERO

        loss of support and services $ZERO

        How much will you award 34 year oldSally for :

        grief $10,000

        loss of guidance/companionship $ZERO

        pain and suffering $ZERO

        loss of support and services $ZERO

        What questions do you have in order to answer these questions.

        thanks again,

        Amy

        Mary Berg
        BERG INVESTIGATIONS PI 26905
        P.O. Box 114
        West Sacramento, CA 95605
        (916) 968-BERG
        (916) 968-2374
        berg.investigations@...

        I love Referrals!

      • stealthagency@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
          Question did manuel support any og his family through the years. It is custom for fathers to send money home to family members. Second point you failed to talk about ss bebifits that he and his family has now lost since he was on visa. I did case like this in ca. Against fdx

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
            a. Age of decedent (60)
            Shouldn't be an issue: working adult. and surviving children,

            all but one are over the age of majority;
            Not sure what this means legally, but I would think it would be helpful to his involvement in their lives. For all I know, the death could be perceived by children to be a blessing.

            b. Decedent was not a United States citizen but is from Honduras and was here under a work visa;
            If work visa was legal - not an issue, could even be a plus given today's illegal immigrant national debate

            c. Decedent was gainfully employyed andworked as a maintenance man at the Same job for 9 years earning $32,000.00 per year;
            A plus

            d. Decedent was not married to either of the survivors’ two mothers;
            This could be a problem. Did he ever live with the mother and family in Honduras? Why is that family still in Honduras: he left them, they divorced and he subsequently moved to US, he has family here and in US, concurrently? Did he financially support both families? Was he involved in the raising of the children?

            e. Two of the five survivors reside in Honduras;
            Assuming the 33 and 34 year old (indicates he had a family in H, he and the mother split and he moved to US. If different, as a juror I would need to know the story inorder to determne what and how much compensaon awarded). Was he involved in raising the children? Was he still involved in their lives, what is evidence of their dependence on him? What is evidence of their parent-child relationship?

            f. Two of the five survivors require an interpreter along with the mother of the two youngest children (Elva Sanchez) with whom decedent resided;
            Not an issue for me.
            and
            g. The youngest child, Chriss Matute, age 14, is still dependent on his father and lived at home he currently resides with his mother, Elva Sanchez.
            Was he living with Elva? If not,why not? What is evidence of dependence on father: material, guidance, support, etc.? What evidence of child's perception of father?

            Are the mother's plaintiff's? If not, why not, particularly Elva? E.G., did he come to US to seek work to support H's family, then became involved with Elva, resulting in two families? How will both sides present this situation?

            How much will you award 14 year old chriss for :
            grief $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions
            loss of guidance /companionship $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Were older siblings providing this in lieu of father.

            pain and suffering $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions. Some for any counseling needed to deal with suppressed effects if relationship not good. A lot if good parental relationship.

            loss of support and services $Funds to provide support and services received for older siblings, funds for high school education/activties expenses, funds to keep him constructively busy and out of major trouble, funds earmarked for post-secondary training/education and concurrent living expenses.

            How much will you award 24 year old Lyn for :
            grief $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions

            loss of guidance /companionship $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Were older siblings providing this in lieu of father.

            pain and suffering $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions. Some for any counseling needed to deal with suppressed effects if relationship not good. A lot if good parental relationship.

            loss of support and services $Funds to provide support and services received for older siblings, funds earmarked for post-secondary training/education and concurrent living expenses. Funds to compensate for having to now take Father's role regarding other siblings

            How much will you award 31 year old Steven for :
            grief $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions

            loss of guidance /companionship $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Were older siblings providing this in lieu of father.

            pain and suffering $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions. Some for any counseling needed to deal with suppressed effects if relationship not good. A lot if good parental relationship.

            loss of support and services $Funds to provide support and services received for older siblings, Funds to compensate for having to now take Father's role regarding other siblings

            How much will you award 33 year old Janice for :
            grief $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions

            loss of guidance /companionship $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Were older siblings providing this in lieu of father.

            pain and suffering $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions. Some for any counseling needed to deal with suppressed effects if relationship not good. A lot if good parental relationship.
            loss of support and services $Funds to provide support and services received for older siblings. Funds to compensate for having to now take Father's role regarding other siblings

            How much will you award 34 year old Sally for :
            grief $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions

            loss of guidance /companionship $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Funds to compensate for having to now take Father's role regarding younger siblings

            pain and suffering $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions. Some for any counseling needed to deal with suppressed effects if relationship not good. A lot if good parental relationship.

            loss of support and services $ depends on prior relationship evidence. see above questions, Funds to compensate for having to now take Father's role regarding other siblings

            What questions do you have in order to answer these questions.
            thanks again,

            Was M intending to bring either of the two in H's to the US? If so, compensate? Was Elva met in US or Honduras?
            Amy

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2010
              Amy -

              The way you present the issues makes it impossible to determine if someone
              is spouting and you are just C&Ping or if you are answering questions
              asked. For that matter, it appears that you are throwing this stuff out for us.

              Not knowing who wrote what, I write this to everyone - If he has only been
              here for NINE years and his youngest is FOURTEEN, it is obvious tome, at
              least, that he came from Honduras with 14 yr old Chris, Elva and one other.
              Shoot, with 2 women and 5 children, he probably moved to the US to work as
              the only way to make enough to support some of them. Regardless, none of
              them are Americans and I'm still curious as to whether or not Elva and
              Chrissie were here lawfully. Which type of work VISA did he have?