Re: [infoguys-list] How does one protect self from telephone line wire taps?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
      GREAT REPLY !!!!!!!

      Anthony Pellicano
      Los Angeles Ca

      Mitch Davis
      TSCM/Special Operations Group
      20 Music Square West,Suite 208
      Nashville,TN 37203 USA

      ________________________

      thank a military veteran

    • Patrick Smith
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1 6:13 AM
        Okay, lets get a bit more specific.  The phone recording that was played back so that I could hear was from a conversation I had had with my P.I. friend the week before.  I remember calling my friend and noticed something that I had not heard in a long while.  I heard the sound of a computer modem dialing and connecting with another computer, the line went quiet and then I heard my friend speak.  I explained this to my friend who immediately got out one of his devices and then we began to talk about it.  We started saying keywords like bomb, lawsuit and anything else that we could think of.  The device my friend had allowed him to determine that there was a bug on the line.  I did some reading on this type of bug and it appears to be software related and can only be installed on the phone company's computer.  It will only record bits and pieces of conversations related to keywords.  Is there any way to combat or deter this type of bug?  I am
        not asking for anyone to divulge secrets, but I do have a need to know.  Contact me off list if you wish.  Thanks.

        Patrick

        :-)

        Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
        Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!! .

      • Hawkspirit
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1 8:59 PM
          YTk0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEwMDM1NTQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5MzU0BG1zZ0lkAzE2
          MzI2BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyODA2NDk4NzY-> Re: How does one
          protect self from telephone line wire taps?

          Voice conversations would have to be encrypted, next best choice an
          unregistered pre pay cell phone using *67 on all outgoing calls.

          Roger

          www.bugsweeps.com

        • Patrick Smith
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2 5:06 AM
            Roger, thanks for the reply.  I agree with you on the encrypted phone calls to a point.  I would like to stop these people from intruding on my privacy,  but at the same time I would also like to use my regular phone.  That does not, however, stop them from using a parabolic mic as well.  I have already purchased a prepaid cell phone and found another problem.  Not only do I have to pay for the calls I make, I also have to pay for those received.  It's not an ideal situation, but it will have to do.

            On a side note:  Do any of you professional P.I.s have any recommendations for an agency in the Indiana area that I might hire in order to do a bug sweep of my house?  Thanks in advance.

            Patrick

            :-)