How does one protect self from telephone line wire taps?

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 27, 2010
      My P.I. and I have come to the conclusion that my phone line has been bugged. As my friend is currently on the move and heading out of state never to return, I have a need to know. How does one protect oneself from such invasions of privacy. Yea, I know that some of you are sitting back and thinking that I must have done something wrong and the people who are bugging my phone line are doing so legally. I can assure you that I am not a convicted felon, I do not have a record and I haven't gotten so much as a speeding ticket in all the years that I have been driving. If I have done something wrong, I would like to know what it is. If you don't believe me, then e-mail me off the group and I will give you all the particulars needed to do a background check on me. With that being said I have a need to know if any of you know of a device and/or devices that would help me identify when people are listening in. These people have even gone as far as record my conversations and played it back in my presence(I was across the alley at a relatives house when they did the playback at a loud volume so that I could hear it). This is an invasion of privacy and I would like to stop it now. I appreciate any and all help that I can get. Thanks.
    • Patrick Smith
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
        Let me clarify that.  When I re-read my post I noticed that a person can't get a clear picture of what I need.  I am simply looking for any suggestions on what is the best device to use on a telephone line that can detect all manner of phone taps, be it wired, microwaved or any other way one can tap into a phone line.  My P.I. friend who has left the state suggested that I use a white noise CD while talking on the telephone.  I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to using these things and, like the show me state, I need proof that it does work before I begin to rely on it for sole support.  In short, I have a need to know what works and/or what doesn't.  Are there any websites that sell these Items that you could point me to?  Thanks in advance for any help that I receive.  Take care.

        Patrick

        :-)

        Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
        Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
          Patrick -

          You should be skeptical. My best suggestion to you is to hire an
          experienced and licensed PI who specializes in the field as they would have the
          proper equipment. Reliable, accurate equipment is expensive. Not only will
          they have the proper equipment, they would know how to use it.

          Sue

          --- On Tue, 7/27/10, Patrick <_patla2@..._ (mailto:patla2@...)

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
            Sue, thanks for the advice.  I did, however, hire a licensed P.I. to do the job.  That is how I found out that my neighbor, the city court judge, was the one hiring the P.I.s to follow me around.  She told them that I was a convicted child molester.  One of them actually broke into my house and planted a bug in one of my phones.  I suspect that there has been at least one more P.I. that did the same thing.  The P.I. that I hired was soon brought up on false charges, convicted of those charges and sentenced to 5 years in jail.  He was able to get the sentence modified to house arrest for 6 months.  He served his time at his house until released under probation.  He has since left the area and I doubt that he will come back here ever again.  It is now up to me to find ways in which I may protect myself against these intrusions.  I have disconnected most of the phones in my house with the exception of one that I have hooked up in the garage.  I
            miss seeing my answering machine in my kitchen showing me that people have called but I don't feel safe hooking it up as that would allow the judge to hear and record everything that I say in my own house.  Your advice is sound, but I am not the one who has the power and/or money to be able to alleviate the problem.

            Patrick

            :-)

            From: Patrick <_patla2@..._ (mailto:patla2@...) >

            wire taps?

            To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
              Patrick -

              Please provide the name of the PI who was criminally prosecuted for said
              alleged conduct. Also, what jurisdiction was he prosecuted in?

              Sincerely,
              Sue

              --- On Sat, 7/31/10, _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...)

              From: _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) <_suesarkis@..._
              (mailto:suesarkis@...) >
              wire taps?
              To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)
              Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:27 AM

              (mailto:_patla2@...) _ (mailto:_patla2@..._ (mailto:patla2@...) )

              From: Patrick <__patla2@..._ (mailto:_patla2@...) _

              To: __infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
              (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) _ (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
              (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) )

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
                Hey…this sounds familiar! Didn’t the group go around and around with this gut about 4 or so months ago?

                Rob O'Neill

                Advanced Research Group, Inc.

                (630) 938-4716 Office

                (630) 768-6561 Mobile

                (630) 982-0692 Fax

                rroneill@... Email

                Florida License A2900189

                Illinois License 117.001361

                Indiana License PI20900496

                Wisconsin License 16695-062

                CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
                This e-mail contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual named on this transmission. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please destroy this message immediately.

                --- On Sat, 7/31/10, _suesarkis@... <mailto:_suesarkis%40aol.com> _ (mailto:suesarkis@... <mailto:suesarkis%40aol.com> )

                From: _suesarkis@... <mailto:_suesarkis%40aol.com> _ (mailto:suesarkis@... <mailto:suesarkis%40aol.com> ) <_suesarkis@... <mailto:_suesarkis%40aol.com> _
                To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:_infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> _ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> )
                Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:27 AM

                Patrick -

                --- On Tue, 7/27/10, Patrick <__patla2@... <mailto:__patla2%40yahoo.com> _
                (mailto:_patla2@... <mailto:_patla2%40yahoo.com> ) _ (mailto:_patla2@... <mailto:_patla2%40yahoo.com> _ (mailto:patla2@... <mailto:patla2%40yahoo.com> ) )

                From: Patrick <__patla2@... <mailto:__patla2%40yahoo.com> _ (mailto:_patla2@... <mailto:_patla2%40yahoo.com> ) _

                To: __infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:__infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> _
                (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:_infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> ) _ (mailto:_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:_infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> _
                (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> ) )

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
                  Anthony Pellicano
                  Los Angeles Ca

                  Mitch Davis
                  TSCM/Special Operations Group
                  20 Music Square West,Suite 208
                  Nashville,TN 37203 USA
                  615 251 0441
                  Fax 615 523 0300
                  mitchd@...
                  www.tscmusa.com
                  "maintaining a higher degree of excellence"
                  ******************************
                  Tools for investigators at <http://www.covertworx.com/> www.covertworx.com
                  _____

                  Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:27 AM

                  Patrick -

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
                    His name is John Osburn.  His company name was D & J Bail Bonds and Investigations.  I believe that he was arraigned in Jay Superior Court of Portland, Indiana with Judge Max
                    Ludy, Jr. presiding.

                    Patrick

                    :-)

                    From: _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) <_suesarkis@..._

                    (mailto:suesarkis@...) >

                    wire taps?

                    To: _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)

                    Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 11:27 AM

                    From: Patrick <__patla2@..._ (mailto:_patla2@...) _

                    To: __infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 31, 2010
                      GREAT REPLY !!!!!!!

                      Anthony Pellicano
                      Los Angeles Ca

                      Mitch Davis
                      TSCM/Special Operations Group
                      20 Music Square West,Suite 208
                      Nashville,TN 37203 USA

                      ________________________

                      thank a military veteran

                    • Patrick Smith
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 1, 2010
                        Okay, lets get a bit more specific.  The phone recording that was played back so that I could hear was from a conversation I had had with my P.I. friend the week before.  I remember calling my friend and noticed something that I had not heard in a long while.  I heard the sound of a computer modem dialing and connecting with another computer, the line went quiet and then I heard my friend speak.  I explained this to my friend who immediately got out one of his devices and then we began to talk about it.  We started saying keywords like bomb, lawsuit and anything else that we could think of.  The device my friend had allowed him to determine that there was a bug on the line.  I did some reading on this type of bug and it appears to be software related and can only be installed on the phone company's computer.  It will only record bits and pieces of conversations related to keywords.  Is there any way to combat or deter this type of bug?  I am
                        not asking for anyone to divulge secrets, but I do have a need to know.  Contact me off list if you wish.  Thanks.

                        Patrick

                        :-)

                        Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
                        Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!! .

                      • Hawkspirit
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 1, 2010
                          YTk0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzEwMDM1NTQEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDU5MzU0BG1zZ0lkAzE2
                          MzI2BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyODA2NDk4NzY-> Re: How does one
                          protect self from telephone line wire taps?

                          Voice conversations would have to be encrypted, next best choice an
                          unregistered pre pay cell phone using *67 on all outgoing calls.

                          Roger

                          www.bugsweeps.com

                        • Patrick Smith
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 2, 2010
                            Roger, thanks for the reply.  I agree with you on the encrypted phone calls to a point.  I would like to stop these people from intruding on my privacy,  but at the same time I would also like to use my regular phone.  That does not, however, stop them from using a parabolic mic as well.  I have already purchased a prepaid cell phone and found another problem.  Not only do I have to pay for the calls I make, I also have to pay for those received.  It's not an ideal situation, but it will have to do.

                            On a side note:  Do any of you professional P.I.s have any recommendations for an agency in the Indiana area that I might hire in order to do a bug sweep of my house?  Thanks in advance.

                            Patrick

                            :-)