background checks on potential jurors-fyi from Amy Singer

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2010
      From the ABA Journal
      July 2010

      Tech Check
      Lawyer uses Web to sort through jury pool
      By Stephanie Francis Ward
      ... One prospective juror, a 30-something lawyer who defended workers’
      compensation cases, gave Kiesel a good feeling. His client’s employer wasn’t a
      defendant, Kiesel reasoned, and the man would likely have a good understanding
      of California law.
      Then Kiesel’s team discovered that panel member recently ran for state office on
      a tort reform platform.
      Bringing social media into jury selection “messes with you a little bit,” Kiesel
      says, “because it’s providing information that my gut instinct may not be
      clearly attuned to who I’m talking with.” ...
      To read more, click below:

      http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/tech_check/