Re: [infoguys-list] Is planting a bug legal

    Message 1 of 16 , May 10, 2010
      Veer -

      I would strongly recommend seeking the advice of counsel in India for
      that. I don't believe most of us are familiar with the laws of India.

      Sincerely,
      Sue Sarkis

      In a message dated 5/10/2010 11:04:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      x9int@... writes:

      Dear group,
      Greetings.

      I am working on a post matrimonial investigation. It is a kind of spouse
      cheat case. Our client want to plant a bug in subject's bedroom to listen
      her telephonic conversations during his absence.
      Can we plant if our client (subject's husband) need.As he takes full
      responsibility on himself
      Is it a legal or safe for us.
      Please suggest

      Regards
      Veer Pratap

      ________________________

      thank a military veteran

    • C.I.S. Lists
      Message 2 of 16 , May 10, 2010
        Don't know what the laws are in India, but if you do that here in the U.S.,
        someone is going to federal prison.

        Brian K. Ingram, B.S., Owner
        Consulting Investigation Services
        www.cispi.net
        www.itraceemail.com
        Forensic Data Recovery; Email Tracing/Internet and eBusiness Investigations;
        Catastrophic Event Investigations; Major Case Criminal Defense.
        "Setting the New Standards in Private Investigation"
        Tx. License: A-08429
        P.O. Box 2097
        Waxahachie, Texas 75168
        Voice:972-937-3938
        Fax: 469-548-9224
        Member: American College of Forensic Examiners
        Intellenet

        _____

        I am working on a post matrimonial investigation. It is a kind of spouse
        cheat case. Our client want to plant a bug in subject's bedroom to listen
        her telephonic conversations during his absence.
        Can we plant if our client (subject's husband) need.As he takes full
        responsibility on himself
        Is it a legal or safe for us.
        Please suggest

        Regards
        Veer Pratap
        X9 Intelligence
        Punujab, India
        +91-965-318-0420
        chiefx9int@gmail. <mailto:chiefx9int%40gmail.com> com

      • Patrick Smith
        Message 3 of 16 , May 10, 2010
          I have a neighbor who lives next door (who is a city court judge by the way) hire no less than 5 (count them - 5) private investigators to follow me around and harass me.  One of them actually did plant a bug in my telephone.  I found out by hiring a local P.I./Bailbondsman to do a bug sweep of my house.  We found the bug, disabled it and then located the P.I. who had installed it and was using a parabolic mic to listen in on our conversations at the time.  My P.I. called this P.I. on his cell phone and told him to stop.  Later, my P.I. called me and told me about his conversation with the other P.I.  The other P.I. admitted that he took it on the judge's word that I was a convicted sex offender and admitted that he owed me an apology.  My question is.....  How do you fight this type of harassment?  I live in a small town where half the city government is corrupt and the other half deals drugs.

          Patrick

          :-)

          Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
          Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

          Message 4 of 16 , May 10, 2010
            (1) Do you have a phone?
            (2) Can you locate your local FBI office telephone number?
            If you answered yes to both the above, see (3)
            (3) call the FBI and make a report.
            Brian K. Ingram, Owner
            Consulting Investigation Services
            Email Tracing/Internet &eBusiness Investigations
            Forensic Data Recovery,
            Catastrophic Event Investigations,
            Major Case Criminal Defense
            "Setting the New Standards in Private Investigations"
            brian@...
            www.cispi.net
            www.itraceemail.com
            Texas P.I. License A-8429
            P.O. Box 2097 Waxahachie, Texas 75168
            Voice:(972) 937-3938
            Fax: (469) 548-9224
            School Approval Number: N-204 Instructor Approval Number: I-405
            Member-American College of Forensic Examiners
            Member-Intellenet

            _____

            --- On Mon, 5/10/10, C.I.S. Lists <list@... <mailto:list%40cispi.net>

            Message 5 of 16 , May 10, 2010
              You got the goods, now collect a lil $$$$ from the judge by filing
              suit, sue the PI while your at it. Give him amunity if he testifies
              againts the judge in FEDERAL court, I did say, FEDERAL. It's a sl m
              dunk so take on the Nike slogan, Just Do It!

              C. W. Sellers

              CA. Lic. 25415
              (209) 568-8744 Field Direct
              (209) 523-5350 Field Fax

              This message was sent from the field on my iPhone, please excuse all
              touch pad typos.

            • TSCM/SO Group
              Message 6 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                Do a search on gang stalking....

                Mitch Davis
                TSCM/Special Operations Group
                20 Music Square West,Suite 208
                Nashville,TN 37203 USA
                615 251 0441
                Fax 615 523 0300
                mitchd@...
                www.tscmusa.com
                "maintaining a higher degree of excellence"
                ******************************
                Tools for investigators at <http://www.covertworx.com/> www.covertworx.com
                _____

                Message 7 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                  Patrick -

                  Whether a convicted sex offender or murdered, the fact still remains that
                  neither the PI nor the judge had any lawful right to put a BUG on your
                  phone. They also had no lawful right to use a parabolic mic to listen in on
                  your conversations. If this was CA, I'd be able to give you cite and verse
                  but if my memory serves me correctly, you are in Indiana or thereabouts.

                  I would take the written report that I'm sure your licensed PI provided
                  which would include names and addresses of the perpetrators and march my big
                  fanny right over to the nearest FBI office post haste. My next move would
                  be to visit the offices of a darned good federal court civil litigator !!!!

                  With the PI being an extension of the judge, that is by case law, an
                  extension of the court which definitely violated your civil rights. That is,
                  assuming he is still a sitting judge. If you are not a convicted sex
                  offender, you also have some defamation and slander issues to address via this
                  litigation attorney. A good attorney can develop an enormous amount of COUNTS
                  from the allegations you posed.

                  Good luck !!!

                  Sue Sarkis

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                    Thanks Sue.  Having been an almost silent reader of this group for a while, I have come to trust your moderator leadership a lot.  As I am only a Computer Programmer/Analyst since 1992, I reply mostly to computer questions and such.  It never occurred to me to ask that question because I was so involved with catching these P.I.s at their own game that I had little time for anything else.  Being followed around by these people has taught me a few tricks of this game of cat and mouse.  Again, I thank you for your response.  Take care.

                    Patrick

                    :-)

                    patla2@yahoo. com writes:

[...]

                    ____________ _________ ___

                    _www.sarkispi. com_ (http://www.sarkispi .com/)

                    thank a military veteran

                  • Patrick Smith
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                      Thanks Brian, Contacting my P.I. for all reports.  Take care.

                      Patrick

                      :-)

                      Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/Technician for hire.
                      Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

                      (2) Can you locate your local FBI office telephone number?

                      If you answered yes to both the above, see (3)

                      (3) call the FBI and make a report.

                      Brian K. Ingram, Owner

                      Consulting Investigation Services

                      Email Tracing/Internet &eBusiness Investigations

                      Forensic Data Recovery,

                      Catastrophic Event Investigations,

                      Major Case Criminal Defense

                      "Setting the New Standards in Private Investigations"

                      brian@cispi. net

                      www.cispi.net

                      www.itraceemail. com

                      Texas P.I. License A-8429

                      From: C.I.S. Lists <list@... <mailto:list% 40cispi.net> >

                      To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys- list%40yahoogrou ps.com> yahoogroups. com

                      From: infoguys-list@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:infoguys- list@ yahoogroups.

                      com]

                      On Behalf Of x9int

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                        Patrick,

                        While your at it you might as well involve the ACLU. They will jump on
                        the in a NY minute.

                        On May 10, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Patrick Smith <patla2@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks Sue. Having been an almost silent reader of this group for a
                        > while, I have come to trust your moderator leadership a lot. As I
                        > am only a Computer Programmer/Analyst since 1992, I reply mostly to
                        > computer questions and such. It never occurred to me to ask that
                        > question because I was so involved with catching these P.I.s at
                        > their own game that I had little time for anything else. Being
                        > followed around by these people has taught me a few tricks of this
                        > game of cat and mouse. Again, I thank you for your response. Take
                        > care.
                        >
                        > Patrick
                        >
                        > :-)
                        >
                        > Computer Programmer/Analyst/Instructor/Amateur Web Page Designer/
                        > Technician for hire.
                        > Still looking for that dream job that constantly eludes me!!!

                      • Patrick Smith
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                          I have sent an e-mail to my P.I. concerning this.  At the moment, however, it is a bit complicated as he is on a 2 year house arrest being convicted of a crime that he did not do.  It is a long story and I do not wish to burden you with the details.  Suffice it to say that the judicial system does not work for the people in this county.  It only works for the people who are rich and/or have made a name for themselves.  Take care.

                          Patrick

                          :-)

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                            Thanks, Brian.  Have sent request to my P.I.  Take care.

                            Patrick

                            :-)

                            From: C.I.S. Lists <list@... <mailto:list% 40cispi.net> >

                            To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys- list%40yahoogrou ps.com> yahoogroups. com

                            From: infoguys-list@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:infoguys- list@ yahoogroups.

                            com]

                            On Behalf Of x9int

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                              Mitch, thanks a bunch for the info.  I had no idea that this kind of topic existed.  I did google harassment, neighbor harassment etc...  Taking this to the next level.  Take care.

                              Patrick

                              :-)

                              From: C.I.S. Lists <list@... <mailto:list% 40cispi.net> >

                              To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys- list%40yahoogrou ps.com> yahoogroups. com

                              From: infoguys-list@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:infoguys- list@ yahoogroups.

                              com]

                              On Behalf Of x9int

                              Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 12:30 PM

                              To: infoguys-list@ yahoogroups. com

                              Dear group,

                              Greetings.

                              I am working on a post matrimonial investigation. It is a kind of spouse

                              cheat case. Our client want to plant a bug in subject's bedroom to listen

                              her telephonic conversations during his absence.

                              Can we plant if our client (subject's husband) need.As he takes full

                              responsibility on himself

                              Is it a legal or safe for us.

                              Please suggest

                              Regards

                              Veer Pratap

                              X9 Intelligence

                              Punujab, India

                              +91-965-318- 0420

                              chiefx9int@gmail. <mailto:chiefx9int% 40gmail.com> com

                            • TSCM/Special Ops Group Inc.
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 10, 2010
                                Im amazed at how some believe the bureau or any other agency will jump and
                                investigate a simple device found incident.
                                The proper way is to start by getting a police report with visual
                                documentation when the device is found.

                                If there is no pending litigation, or sensitive data involved with the
                                device, it becomes minimized even more.
                                Attys may thrive on discovered devices w regard to a ongoing civil
                                matter,other than that rotsa ruck getting anyone to use man hours on a bug
                                found incident...........If you feel that strong about your "case" plead it
                                the next time the grand jury convenes in your jurisdiction.

                                futhermore no PI or even 5 yr old would use a parabolic mike to listen to a
                                bug.........
                                please research your devices and techniques before pulling the alarm......

                                rant mode off

                                Mitch Davis
                                TSCM/Special Operations Group Inc.
                                20 Music Square West,Suite 208
                                Nashville,TN. 37203
                                Mail to:MitchD@...
                                Website www.tscmusa.com
                                (615) 251 0441
                                fax (615) 523 0300
                                Tools for investigators at: covertworx.com

                                CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING!!! This electronic message contains information
                                which may be privileged and/or confidential. This information is intended
                                for the exclusive use of the individual(s), entity, or persons named or
                                indicated above. Any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
                                or use of any parts of the contents of this message/information is strictly
                                prohibited.

                                _____

                                <suesarkis@aol. <mailto:suesarkis%40aol.com> com> wrote:

> [...]
                                >
                                > around and harass me. One of them actually did plant a bug in my
                                >
                                > telephone. I found out by hiring a local P.I./Bailbondsman to do a
                                > bug sweep of my
                                >
                                > house. We found the bug, disabled it and then located the P.I. who had
                                >
                                > installed it and was using a parabolic mic to listen in on our
                                > conversations
                                >
                                > at the time. My P.I. called this P.I. on his cell phone and told him
                                >
                                > stop. Later, my P.I. called me and told me about his conversation
                                > with the
                                >
                                > other P.I. The other P.I. admitted that he took it on the judge's
                                > word that
                                >
                                > I was a convicted sex offender and admitted that he owed me an
                                > apology. My
                                >
                                > question is..... How do you fight this type of harassment? I live in a
                                >
                                > small town where half the city government is corrupt and the other

                              • C.I.S. Lists
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 11, 2010
                                  Mitch,
                                  While I don't doubt your expertise in what you do, I will say that since I
                                  deal with the Bureau in one fashion or another on a n almost weekly basis,
                                  and since I have spoken directly to an AUSA about this topic, I can say that
                                  while a simple device found incident is likely to not raise the radar
                                  signature, the underlying facts as reported by the poster would.
                                  1) A JUDGE is involved, which goes to the Public Integrity unit and those
                                  guys MUST make a report within two weeks of receiving a complaint. (at least
                                  that is what one told me)
                                  2) A P.I. was involved and the U.S. Attorney's office is generally looking
                                  for test cases to prove law on P.I.s that overstep their bounds. (Pelicano)
                                  3)There is an over-riding public interest in investigating and prosecuting
                                  such a case to protect the general public from such abuse of authority and
                                  power.

                                  So, that was the unsaid basis of my advice to contact his local FBI office.
                                  They very well might tell him that they have bigger fish to fry, but one
                                  never knows until one tries and if it was me, I'd at least try.
                                  Now let us examine your comments:
                                  You wrote:
                                  "Im amazed at how some believe the bureau or any other agency will jump and
                                  investigate a simple device found incident.
                                  The proper way is to start by getting a police report with visual
                                  documentation when the device is found."
                                  ----------------

                                  I agree. That should have been done, which tells me that the P.I. that the
                                  man hired was a stone cold moron. 1st because almost all states have at
                                  least an administrative rule that says if during the course of an
                                  investigation you come across evidence of a crime, you must report it, for
                                  licensees. That would have covered getting the initial report documented
                                  with photographs. If the P.I. the guy hired didn't document the device,
                                  location, photographs etc.. then I'd be asking for my money back.
                                  However, for you to write that you are amazed at how some ( and I take it
                                  you were referring to me since I am the person that recommended he do just
                                  that) believe that the bureau or any other agency will jump and investigate
                                  a simple device found incident.. then to recommend calling the police is a
                                  bit oxymoronic.

                                  If you believe that they won't investigate it, why call them? If an agency
                                  isn't going to investigate it, it is been my experience they won't waste the
                                  time to generate a call for service because those go against their UCR's at
                                  the end of the month as an uncleared case.

                                  Next, it is almost always a CRIME, and usually a FELONY to utilize a
                                  listening device and while it might be old hat for you to find them, the law
                                  is still the law and unless we EXERCISE our legal rights to file criminal
                                  charges, we could lose them. I'd be jumping up and down, having the local
                                  press involved, and if I had to, embarrass the local authorities or bureau
                                  office into investigating it. Especially if a judge was involved.

                                  Now I'm not saying that everything the person wrote was exactly true, but if
                                  it was and my advice was predicated on all his information being factual,
                                  then you bet, call the bureau, raise all kinds of heck about it and let the
                                  chips fall where they may.

                                  As Paul Harvey says, "Good Day".

                                  Brian K. Ingram, B.S., Owner
                                  Consulting Investigation Services
                                  www.cispi.net
                                  www.itraceemail.com
                                  Forensic Data Recovery; Email Tracing/Internet and eBusiness Investigations;
                                  Catastrophic Event Investigations; Major Case Criminal Defense.
                                  "Setting the New Standards in Private Investigation"
                                  Tx. License: A-08429
                                  P.O. Box 2097
                                  Waxahachie, Texas 75168
                                  Voice:972-937-3938
                                  Fax: 469-548-9224
                                  Member: American College of Forensic Examiners
                                  Intellenet

                                  On Behalf Of TSCM/Special Ops Group Inc.
                                  Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:40 AM
                                  To: infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com

                                  Mail to:MitchD@... <mailto:MitchD%40tscmusa.com>