Hello all...ok I have a question to add to the feed.

  • Counter Intelligence Services
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2010
      Hello all...ok I have a question to add to the feed.

      A client is requesting that we locate if there was ever an order entered
      in either Florida or Ohio against our subject (Jane)...the mother, for
      terminating her parental rights to her son. I am assuming this is a
      civil filing and we would need to search the counties she resided in
      over a period of time...however does anyone know if this has to be filed
      in the court as a civil filing? I was also thinking that DCF
      (Department of Children & Family Services) might have something, but
      then again they are more of a regulating board, hmmmm.

      Any help from the group would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your
      input.

      Darren L. Epstein

      Counter Intelligence Services

      Darren@... <mailto:Darren@...>

      (954) 764-7393

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2010
        On 5/1/2010 6:15 AM, Counter Intelligence Services wrote:
        > Hello all...ok I have a question to add to the feed.
        >

        > A client is requesting that we locate if there was ever an order entered
        > in either Florida or Ohio against our subject (Jane)...the mother, for
        > terminating her parental rights to her son. I am assuming this is a
        > civil filing and we would need to search the counties she resided in
        > over a period of time...however does anyone know if this has to be filed
        > in the court as a civil filing? I was also thinking that DCF
        > (Department of Children& Family Services) might have something, but
        > then again they are more of a regulating board, hmmmm.
        >

        > Any help from the group would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your
        > input.

        While DCFS (or whatever name they go by in the relevant state) would
        likely be involved, the matter would have been adjudicated in court.

        You would need to check though to see if the court would handle the
        entire process as a juvenile matter. If that's the case, I doubt that
        you're going to find it as juvenile records (and indices) are generally
        sealed.

        --
        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        NAPPS
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
        337-4638 Fax
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063