A month in the UAE -- I'm home; I can do that HD Carrie

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Hi Carrie, and everyone.

      I am home. If you didn't get the hard drive imaged, let me know.

      That was surely the most interesting case assignment of my career, and it
      was a fascinating learning experience on many levels.

      For example, Yours Truly has always had a tendency to consider himself
      sufficiently bullet proof to dash off and tilt windmills, pretty much anywhere
      someone wanted to send me, but after my experience in the UAE with that
      bunch of wicked Syrians, there is a huge fraud case going on in Russia that I
      wouldn't touch now with a ten foot pole.

      Just in case I didn't mention it in previous emails, you can completely
      jack up amateur hour surveillance by taking taxis to places like McDonalds,
      paying them to wait ten minutes before leaving, and then walking thru to the
      other door and catching another cab. Malls make things fun for those
      clowns who would try to follow you too.

      As well as all that works, the single best thing you can do anywhere you
      find yourself is have someone (like the Concierge at your hotel) find
      someone who can write in the language spoken by the local cabbies, "Make Sure We
      Are Not Followed" on a fold over piece card stock and keep that in your

      No matter how good you may be at surveillance and counter surveillance
      techniques, I promise you that you will not follow a local cab driver who
      seriously doesn't intend to allow it. Some of the Pakistani's I rode with in
      Dubai and Sharjah must have thought I was James F'ing Bond! For 20 Dirhams
      (about $6 USD), they would give the CIA a fit!

      The main thing is, never let the opposition know where you're staying.
      Take cabs to the wrong hotels and leave thru their basement parking garages
      to catch a new cab. They do the same things we would - like calling hotels
      looking for you, but you can defeat that by leading them to the wrong hotel
      in one place (like Dubai) and then catching a new cab to the place where
      you are staying (Sharjah). In my case, I was afforded the protection of the
      Sheikh in Sharjah and checked into a hotel he owned anonymously as his VIP
      guest so, unless they followed me, they could never have found me.

      His Royal Highness, Sheikh Faisal Bin Khalid Al Qasimi, the Sheikh who
      treated me so well, presented me with a glass cased Holy Qaran as I left,
      along with an English translation. It's a long story, but suffice it to say
      this had nothing to do with an effort to convert me - more like hospitality,
      courtesy, mutual respect and cultural exchange.

      This was quite an extraordinary case. I am going to put together an
      article for Jimmie's PI Magazine.

      Still, I am sooooooooo glad to be home.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V
      (239) 304-1640 F
      (239) 641-6782 C

      In a message dated 3/29/2010 1:26:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      carrie@... writes:

      I need computer forensic pro to make a mirror image of a hard drive.
      Typically Branscum handles this for me but he is off traveling the world and
      hopefully staying out of trouble. Please email replies to
      _carrie@marconeinvescarrie@marcar_ (mailto:carrie@...) .

      Carrie Kerskie, CITRMS, LPI
      Marcone Investigations, Inc.
      5051 Castello Drive Suite 39
      Naples, FL 34103
      Office 239-435-9111
      Cell: 239-682-4197
      E-mail: _carrie@marconeinvescarrie@marcar_
      website: _www.naplespi.www_ (http://www.naplespi.com/)
      FL Agency License: A2200231

      This e-mail message contains confidential, privileged information intended
      solely for the addressee. Please do not read, copy, or disseminate it
      unless you are the addressee. If you have received it in error, please call us
      at (239) 435-9111 and ask to speak with the message sender. Also, we would
      appreciate your deleting it from your system.