[infoguys-list] Re: advice about kak worm,use security settings to preventinfection

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      Actually hot mail users have been the most affected by active-x worms and programs. Remember a while back there was a problem with hotmail users passwords being stolen? well thats how they did it they would send an e-mail to the hotmail address that was embedded with an active-x program and when the hotmail user clicked on the message, a prompt box would appear saying that they needed to re-log in, of course then you would enter your password to log in and voila! the password would automatically be e-mailed back to the sender. Supposedly hotmail has fixed this so that active-x programs can no longer be run from within an e-mail. Might be worth mentioning to them. BTW, an active-x program is any program that can be run independently of other programs as in within an e-mail or web page....yes sorry to tell ya you can get this one off the web too, however you would need to be directed to the site where it is embedded (an e-mail with a link to the site).
       [infoguys-list] Re: advice about kak worm,use security settings to preventinfection

      OK, I had not gotten this until just the last day or so, I have gone to the
      site that was mentioned. Seems that this gets into the system as a
      signature to the letter, so it comes out (released) when the item is read, I
      deleted the file - which I checked for after reading the mail. I have both
      <snip>