jet skis

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
      Was the PWC actually a Jet Ski made by Kawasaki or did you use "jet ski"
      generically?
      ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((It was a japanese manufacturer, not sure which one (yamaha, kawasaki, honda etc?)))))))))))))))))))))))

      If the latter, which model was it such as a Sea-Doo,
      WaveRunner or any other? What year was it manufactured? Who owned the PWC?
      Was it
      a rental, owned by the family or owned by friends?

      (((((((((((((((((((((((((I will try and find out.. my son felt it mattered as well, btw)))))))))))))))))))))))

      What caused the passenger to die? Obviously he didn't fall off the back
      and get sucked in. Did the "big boat" run over him or was his injuries
      sustained just from the impact? What was the actual CoD per autopsy?

      ((((((((((((((impact from hitting another boat that driver tried to avoid))))))))))))))

    • Jurydoctor@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
        Based on the fact scenario, and the other folks' comments
        it seems to me the whole case rests on how familiar the girl was with driving a jet ski.

        If she was very experienced she would know about the steering, but on the other hand, she wouldn't freeze
        if sher were inexperienced she, and the parents are at fault..

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
          Amy -

          I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with anyone who believes they have enough
          intelligent information about this case to form any opinion. That's why I
          asked for the CoD. That's why you've been asked if it she hit the boat
          fore or aft.

          There are also rules of the sea aka "maritime laws" that also come into
          play. However, the first rule appears to have been violated by any adult
          allowing her, an inexperienced person, to go out especially with a passenger.
          These are not toys and the high seas are not playgrounds.

          You also never mentioned the type of power water craft it was. Was it a 4
          seater? A 2 seater? A solo with the passenger standing behind her.

          I would still like to know what was the cause of death.

          Sue

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
            In a message dated 2/24/2010 4:12:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
            Jurydoctor@... writes:

            my son felt it mattered as well, btw - SMART SON !!!!

            impact from hitting another boat that driver tried to avoid -- I don't
            think this is what the death certificate says.

            thank a military veteran