RE: [infoguys-list] Retired LE Officer National Carry

  • Lists
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2010
      You mean you wait until you put your shoes on?
      Time's wastin'. Shower (gun in arms reach)
      Drying off with towel (larger towel now than then cause I got fat) gun on
      counter.
      skivvies-gun
      during dressing process-guns available in varying locations
      Just made some biscuits and ham gravy, gun in back pocket, one in the
      utensil drawer, after all it IS a utensil.
      Getting dressed to go to court, guns find their way in various compartments
      in my truck, both hand guns and long guns.
      Once was asked why I carry my long gun with me in the truck and my answer
      was...
      " you can never tell when a SWAT emergency that will require me to be
      activated will happen right in front of you, you have to be prepared for all
      situations and the odd wild hog that wanders into your sights."
      Shish........I live in Texas, if I could afford to mount twin 50s on my
      truck, I would..now that would be prepared.

      We used to joke about the spontaneous communist invasion being the reason we
      were prepared....now that that has already happened and our country is under
      the iron fist of socio-communistic-oligarchic rule, we have to be prepared
      for those wild hogs that are a menace down here.
      :)

      BKI

      _____

      From: assoresearch@ <mailto:assoresearch%40aol.com> aol.com <assoresearch@
      <mailto:assoresearch%40aol.com> aol.com>
      To: tracer@yahoogroups. <mailto:tracer%40yahoogroups.com> com
      Cc: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,
      spiesonline@ <mailto:spiesonline%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 8:49 AM

      I Goggled this and cannot find where any law has passed allowing retired
      or current LE officers to carry in any state throughout the US. It was my
      impression that this law was passed. Does anyone know the status, and what

      is involved for an officer to obtain a permit like this? Is a permit
      required, or just proof of retired, or active status.

      I am a bit confused.

      Thank you
      Gil

      Gil Whitlock
      _www.associated-research.com_ (http://www.associat
      <http://www.associated-research.com/> ed-research.com/)

      <mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-
      <mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

    • Lucia Frigerio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2010
        I believe the law that you are looking for is  H.R. 218

         Dondi(Dee)Lucia Frigerio-Holmes
        The Looking Glass, LLC
        Phoenix, AZ 85060
        AZ License #1597140
        phone: 602/539-3480 or 623/252-2223 msg
        fax: 602/680-7850
        www.thelookingglassinvestigations.com

        ________________________________

        _www.associated- research. com_ (http://www.associat ed-research. com/)

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2010
          Gil -

          Here's the law in its entirety as signed by President Bush.

          H.R.218: The Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004
          (Enrolled as Agreed to or Passed by Both House and Senate)
          One Hundred Eighth Congress of the United States of America
          AT THE SECOND SESSION
          Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday, the twentieth day of
          January, two thousand and four
          An Act
          To amend title 18, United States Code, to exempt qualified current and
          former law enforcement officers from State laws prohibiting the carrying of
          concealed handguns.
          Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United
          States of America in Congress assembled,
          SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
          This Act may be cited as the `Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of
          2004'.
          SEC. 2. EXEMPTION OF QUALIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS FROM STATE LAWS
          PROHIBITING THE CARRYING OF CONCEALED FIREARMS.
          (a) In General- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by
          inserting after section 926A the following:
          `Sec. 926B. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified law enforcement
          officers
          `(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any
          political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified law
          enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by subsection
          (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or transported in
          interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).

          `(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of
          any State that--

          `(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the
          possession of concealed firearms on their property; or

          `(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local
          government property, installation, building, base, or park.

          `(c) As used in this section, the term `qualified law enforcement officer'
          means an employee of a governmental agency who--

          `(1) is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention,
          detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person
          for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest;

          `(2) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;

          `(3) is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency;

          `(4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the
          employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm;

          `(5) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or
          hallucinatory drug or substance; and

          `(6) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.

          `(d) The identification required by this subsection is the photographic
          identification issued by the governmental agency for which the individual is
          employed as a law enforcement officer.

          `(e) As used in this section, the term `firearm' does not include--

          `(1) any machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the National Firearms
          Act);

          `(2) any firearm silencer (as defined in section 921 of this title); and

          `(3) any destructive device (as defined in section 921 of this title).'.

          (b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for such chapter is amended
          by inserting after the item relating to section 926A the following:
          `926B. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified law enforcement
          officers.'.
          SEC. 3. EXEMPTION OF QUALIFIED RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS FROM STATE
          LAWS PROHIBITING THE CARRYING OF CONCEALED FIREARMS.
          (a) In General- Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is further
          amended by inserting after section 926B the following:
          `Sec. 926C. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law
          enforcement officers
          `(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of the law of any State or any
          political subdivision thereof, an individual who is a qualified retired law
          enforcement officer and who is carrying the identification required by
          subsection (d) may carry a concealed firearm that has been shipped or
          transported in interstate or foreign commerce, subject to subsection (b).

          `(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of
          any State that--

          `(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the
          possession of concealed firearms on their property; or

          `(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local
          government property, installation, building, base, or park.

          `(c) As used in this section, the term `qualified retired law enforcement
          officer' means an individual who--

          `(1) retired in good standing from service with a public agency as a law
          enforcement officer, other than for reasons of mental instability;

          `(2) before such retirement, was authorized by law to engage in or
          supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the
          incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had statutory powers
          of arrest;

          `(3)(A) before such retirement, was regularly employed as a law
          enforcement officer for an aggregate of 15 years or more; or

          `(B) retired from service with such agency, after completing any
          applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected
          disability, as determined by such agency;

          `(4) has a nonforfeitable right to benefits under the retirement plan of
          the agency;

          `(5) during the most recent 12-month period, has met, at the expense of
          the individual, the State's standards for training and qualification for
          active law enforcement officers to carry firearms;

          `(6) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or
          hallucinatory drug or substance; and

          `(7) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.

          `(d) The identification required by this subsection is--

          `(1) a photographic identification issued by the agency from which the
          individual retired from service as a law enforcement officer that indicates
          that the individual has, not less recently than one year before the date the
          individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise
          found by the agency to meet the standards established by the agency for
          training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to carry a firearm
          of the same type as the concealed firearm; or

          `(2)(A) a photographic identification issued by the agency from which the
          individual retired from service as a law enforcement officer; and

          `(B) a certification issued by the State in which the individual resides
          that indicates that the individual has, not less recently than one year
          before the date the individual is carrying the concealed firearm, been tested
          or otherwise found by the State to meet the standards established by the
          State for training and qualification for active law enforcement officers to
          carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.

          `(e) As used in this section, the term `firearm' does not include--

          `(1) any machinegun (as defined in section 5845 of the National Firearms
          Act);

          `(2) any firearm silencer (as defined in section 921 of this title); and

          `(3) a destructive device (as defined in section 921 of this title).'.

          (b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for such chapter is further
          amended by inserting after the item relating to section 926B the following:
          `926C. Carrying of concealed firearms by qualified retired law enforcement
          officers.'.

          ________________________

          thank a military veteran

        • assoresearch@aol.com