Re: [infoguys-list] Re: pole

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2009
      Amy -

      Obviously Brody did not practice defensive driving with all things
      considered as outlined. Obviously Earlybird Drive is also a two laned roadway and
      for Brody to have driven to the south side of that roadway enabling Smith
      to broadside him since Smith was obviously not slowing down, shows reckless
      abandonment of defensive driving. The ability of Smith to push Brody as
      far as he did is also a clear indication of speed.

      The "professional engineer" is obviously a "plaintiff's whore" who will
      say anything to appease his client since there has NEVER been an accident at
      the intersection in question. The fact that 27% of all MVA's happen at
      intersections does not give rise to suspecting that this particular set of
      circumstances would ever occur.

      Based on his salary at the time of the loss and allowing for COLA, I would
      award $1,000,000 for loss of financial support in total which goes well
      beyond the childrens' ages of 18 but rather including the full 26 years of
      gainful employment still anticipated. For P&S I would award an additional
      $1,000,000 each.

      (1) Could Energy reasonably have foreseen that a collision would occur in
      the intersection causing a motorist to strike the pole? NO !!

      (2) Did the pole create an unreasonable hazard for motorists leaving the
      traveled portion of the roadway who might strike the pole? NO !!

      (3) If Energy should be held liable for Brody’s death, what percentage of
      fault should be allocated to Brody, Smith and Energy?

      Brody ____ 25%___%
      Smith_____75%___%
      Energy_____0_____%

      thank a military veteran