Re: [InvestigatorsForum] Re: [New_Investigator] New database no paperwork req...

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      ChoicePoint's fines have absolutely NOTHING to do with inaccurate or
      unlawful record keeping/gathering. Their fines have always been about unlawful

      thank a military veteran

      In a message dated 11/2/2009 10:42:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      mbnwis@... writes:

      Paying a lot of money for searches does not mean they are running a tight
      ship, either. Look at Choice Point... one plays a lot for their info and
      they get fined left and right.

      In a message dated 11/2/2009 10:36:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      inquiry@... a messag

      _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) , wrote the following at or
      about 11/2/2009 11:29 AM:
      Folks -

      I opine that one can only wonder what type of alleged private investigator
      would refer an advertised CHEAP database to their colleagues without
      taking the time to carefully determine who, what, where, when and why. When you
      think of all of the ramifications which can occur from our database
      searches including, but not limited to, our getting sued or criminally
      prosecuted, cheap is not necessarily better. Cheap does not necessarily equate to
      LAWFUL !!!!

      When you refer a person's site whereby that site owner has 29 domain names
      registered to them, that should be the first sign of "farming" and
      "harvesting" information. That should also lead you to both suspect and fear
      identity theft among other things.

      There have been reports of alleged GLB compliance alongside statements of
      not having to fill in forms regarding this company. Sorry folks but by law
      you cannot have one without the other. At least not if the sources are
      the true credit bureau records which is where the current information we need
      is stored.

      Kudos to Sue for going above and beyond and getting "behind" this site.
      One step further and you find that as recently as the first of last month,
      yes, OCTOBER 2009, he was looking for someone to design the logos and site
      for this wonder service.

      Overlooking all of Sue's digging, how is it that a startup like this can
      have such a stellar reputation being touted by people who should, or at
      least claim to, know better?

      When she asks the question "What is your license worth?" I guess we have
      to assume that for some folks, it's worth very little.

      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice 337-4638
      email: _inquiry@..._ (mailto:inquiry@...) or
      _rth@..._ (mailto:rth@...)
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063