Re: [infoguys-list] access-amy

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
      Amy -

      Since you hardly ever even give us half of the story and we never truly
      know the issues at hand as you do not tell us, here is what I assume based on
      what you now tell us.

      The female decedent's family is suing the owners of the building for
      "wrongful death".

      If that is the case based on what you have stated below, I don't think the
      building owners have anything to worry about. Regardless of whether drugs
      were involved or not, the fact that the gate was broken, fixed and then
      broken again the next day it was fixed speaks volumes about the caliber and
      character of the people living there, not the owners.

      Sincerely,
      Sue

      In a message dated 11/2/2009 8:01:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      Jurydoctor@... writes:

      the gate had been fixed the day before and was broken that day.
      here is what the judged ruled is admissible:
      entry to apt happened at 10 PM
      no signs of forced entry.
      victim's name was the only name on the lease.
      She was shot 6 times starting with the leg and ending with between the
      eyes she was still alive when taken to hospital. Her brother was shot dead at
      the scene
      no one heard the gun shots.

      _____________
      not admissable (read as why do these things happen to me?)
      She was on the phone with her boyfriend at the time. She said to him so
      and so is at the door. the phone goes dead.
      the boyfriend who lived there but name is not on the lease has a history
      of drug dealing
      the murder still has not been solved and some of the criminal records are
      sealed pending the criminal investigation.t
      Boyfreind is no where to be found and is scared shi'''less.

      We do have his depo, but needless to say it is very vague.. yes he admits
      he was on the phone with her, yes he admits he lived there,, blah blah

      Spoke to people who knew the victims.. Jeckyl Hyde
      some folks see her as wonderful student nice girl etc
      others see her with this guy that is "no good"

      Come to think of it, didn't I send you guys this case as an e-opinion
      thingy?

      How long was the gate broken before thie murder occured? Is it possible
      that
      the victim may have thought that if the attacter was on the inside of the
      gate
      that they belonged there?

      I would also recomend speaking to those who knew the victims, maybe they
      were
      the trusting sort who would answer the door to anyone. I know I used to
      be. I
      grew up in an area where you didn't lock your doors to your house or your
      car.
      It took me a long while of living in a large area and getting into the
      industry
      before I realized that not locking doors was a bad idea.

      I hope some of this helps.