Re: [New_Investigator] New database no paperwork required

  • Hrodey & Associates
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
      suesarkis@..., wrote the following at or about 11/2/2009 11:29 AM:
      > Folks -
      >
      > I opine that one can only wonder what type of alleged private
      > investigator would refer an advertised CHEAP database to their
      > colleagues without taking the time to carefully determine who, what,
      > where, when and why. When you think of all of the ramifications which
      > can occur from our database searches including, but not limited to,
      > our getting sued or criminally prosecuted, cheap is not necessarily
      > better. Cheap does not necessarily equate to LAWFUL !!!!
      >
      > When you refer a person's site whereby that site owner has 29 domain
      > names registered to them, that should be the first sign of "farming"
      > and "harvesting" information. That should also lead you to both
      > suspect and fear identity theft among other things.
      >
      > There have been reports of alleged GLB compliance alongside statements
      > of not having to fill in forms regarding this company. Sorry folks
      > but by law you cannot have one without the other. At least not if the
      > sources are the true credit bureau records which is where the current
      > information we need is stored.

      [snip]

      Kudos to Sue for going above and beyond and getting "behind" this site.
      One step further and you find that as recently as the first of last
      month, yes, OCTOBER 2009, he was looking for someone to design the logos
      and site for this wonder service.

      Overlooking all of Sue's digging, how is it that a startup like this can
      have such a stellar reputation being touted by people who should, or at
      least claim to, know better?

      When she asks the question "What is your license worth?" I guess we have
      to assume that for some folks, it's worth very little.

      --

      Enjoy,

      /Bob/
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      NAPPS
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
      337-4638 Fax
      email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...>
      or rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063