New database no paperwork required

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
      Folks -

      I opine that one can only wonder what type of alleged private investigator
      would refer an advertised CHEAP database to their colleagues without taking
      the time to carefully determine who, what, where, when and why. When you
      think of all of the ramifications which can occur from our database
      searches including, but not limited to, our getting sued or criminally prosecuted,
      cheap is not necessarily better. Cheap does not necessarily equate to
      LAWFUL !!!!

      When you refer a person's site whereby that site owner has 29 domain names
      registered to them, that should be the first sign of "farming" and
      "harvesting" information. That should also lead you to both suspect and fear
      identity theft among other things.

      There have been reports of alleged GLB compliance alongside statements of
      not having to fill in forms regarding this company. Sorry folks but by law
      you cannot have one without the other. At least not if the sources are the
      true credit bureau records which is where the current information we need
      is stored.

      Data is regulated by the GLB if it comes from financial institutions and
      if the data was gathered after July 1, 2002. The GLB says nothing about
      full SSNs. Truncating an SSN does not make data non-GLB. If it's GLB, it's
      GLB whether or not a full SSN is provided. So far, there are no laws
      mandating truncation. In most cases, data providers that truncate are doing so
      in order to comply with the data owner's (credit bureau's) compliance
      regulations. For instance, Experian does not allow the legitimate database
      providers to give their full SSNs to PIs, even though all Experian data is GLB
      data. The legitimate companies can get around some of the rules by using
      data other than Experian data to fill in the SSN if and ONLY if the PI has
      passed a site inspection.

      My guess is that the data provided is not GLB data, otherwise, he would
      have to perform a more in-depth investigation on each of his customers in
      order to comply with the credit bureau's compliance and security regs. There
      are no non-GLB sources of data with SSNs (truncated or not) that will be as
      current and complete as GLB data from a credit bureau.

      Remember, junk mail is not the burglary, it's the crowbar. Spam is not
      magical nor self-generating. There are real flesh and blood criminals behind
      it making real money. The yearly cost of electronic fraud is in the
      billions. That's one of the problems with allowing unlicensed and unregulated
      people access to our groups.

      Do not think for one second that you will be able to hide behind the fact
      that "it was available on the Internet" because it is each and everyone of
      us who are responsible for making certain that our source is LAWFUL and
      abiding by the GLB, the FCRA, etc. It wasn't that long ago when many of our
      colleagues and associates were sitting in front of Congress answering
      questions.

      The Internet is replete with RIPOFF reports easily accessible. The
      various BBB's are up to their proverbial eyeballs with complaints. It is my
      opinion that he is harvesting and some of you are helping this unlicensed,
      unauthorized scam artist.

      On one of these links the company response speaks volumes.

      _http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/integrascancom-c4247.html_
      (http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/integrascancom-c4247.html)

      _http://www.ripoffreport.com/Internet-Services/Integrascan-Connecte/integras
      can-national-data-res-c2384.htm_
      (http://www.ripoffreport.com/Internet-Services/Integrascan-Connecte/integrascan-national-data-res-c2384.htm)

      _http://www.trustlink.org/ProfileReviews.aspx?ProfileID=4HxMPcLO/8M_
      (http://www.trustlink.org/ProfileReviews.aspx?ProfileID=4HxMPcLO/8M) =

      How much is your license worth ????

      ________________________

      thank a military veteran

    • Hrodey & Associates
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
        suesarkis@..., wrote the following at or about 11/2/2009 11:29 AM:
        > Folks -
        >
        > I opine that one can only wonder what type of alleged private
        > investigator would refer an advertised CHEAP database to their
        > colleagues without taking the time to carefully determine who, what,
        > where, when and why. When you think of all of the ramifications which
        > can occur from our database searches including, but not limited to,
        > our getting sued or criminally prosecuted, cheap is not necessarily
        > better. Cheap does not necessarily equate to LAWFUL !!!!
        >
        > When you refer a person's site whereby that site owner has 29 domain
        > names registered to them, that should be the first sign of "farming"
        > and "harvesting" information. That should also lead you to both
        > suspect and fear identity theft among other things.
        >
        > There have been reports of alleged GLB compliance alongside statements
        > of not having to fill in forms regarding this company. Sorry folks
        > but by law you cannot have one without the other. At least not if the
        > sources are the true credit bureau records which is where the current
        > information we need is stored.

        [snip]

        Kudos to Sue for going above and beyond and getting "behind" this site.
        One step further and you find that as recently as the first of last
        month, yes, OCTOBER 2009, he was looking for someone to design the logos
        and site for this wonder service.

        Overlooking all of Sue's digging, how is it that a startup like this can
        have such a stellar reputation being touted by people who should, or at
        least claim to, know better?

        When she asks the question "What is your license worth?" I guess we have
        to assume that for some folks, it's worth very little.

        --

        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        NAPPS
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
        337-4638 Fax
        email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...>
        or rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063