Re: access-Sue

  • chris
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      Could it be possible that the gate was broken as a distraction? As a well to drawn attention away from criminal. if not you could consider that the offender had a master key, a working key or knew how to pick the lock. Thats just my thought based on what information you provided. If you wich contact me with additional information and I will give my thought again

      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Jurydoctor@... wrote:

      > I am working on a case for the defense
      > our gate was broken to the apt complex my client owned
      >
      > in an apt on the back on the 3rd floor of a bldg without an elevator, with no signs of forced entry had a deadbolt
      > 2 people were murdered execution style. It appears that she let them in to her apt, that she knew her killers (according t0 our expert),
      >
      > We need to show that if she let them in the apt she would have let them thru the gate.
      > can't find any information on this.
      >
      > amy

    • Amanda Bargmann
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
         How long was the gate broken before thie murder occured?   Is it possible that the victim may have thought that if the attacter was on the inside of the gate that they belonged there?

        I would also recomend speaking to those who knew the victims, maybe they were the trusting sort who would answer the door to anyone. I know I used to be.  I grew up in an area where you didn't lock your doors to your house or your car.  It took me a long while of living in a large area and getting into the industry before I realized that not locking doors was a bad idea.

        I hope some of this helps.

        Amanda

      • Jurydoctor@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
          vRe: access-amy
          Posted by: "suesarkis@..." suesarkis@... suesarkis2001
          Date: Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:57 am ((PST))
          From your mouth to G-d ears.
          Some folks in the e-opinions felt the gate gave her a false sense of security. Maybe she thought the gate was ok, and the person was a neighbor.. etc etc..
          We have to make it clear based on what I have been hearing
          A. she knew her murderers
          B. if she let them in the apt she would let them in the gate
          C. it was an execution style murder.

          Yes, you are right I give you 1/2 the story (not even). that is because if I told you everything it would be a dissertation.
          so I try to give enough so that you can ask questions. The questions you have based on the scanty info is sometimes more important then the opinions.
          It tells me what people need to know to make a decision. What is important and what is not important.
          Only thru a "people-driven" question and answer interaction do we all find the issues of the case. What I or the arbitrators think
          are the issues may not be what you think the issues are. The only thing that matters is what you think the issues are.
          Thanks everybody for your thoughts.
          I will let you know the outcome of this 3 week trial.
          BTW, we have a plaintiff prone jury except for 1 person who is very logical and reasonable and able to make fine distinctions I hope
          he is the foreperson.
          Amy

          Amy -

          Since you hardly ever even give us half of the story and we never truly
          know the issues at hand as you do not tell us, here is what I assume based on
          what you now tell us.

          The female decedent's family is suing the owners of the building for
          "wrongful death".

          If that is the case based on what you have stated below, I don't think the
          building owners have anything to worry about. Regardless of whether drugs
          were involved or not, the fact that the gate was broken, fixed and then
          broken again the next day it was fixed speaks volumes about the caliber and
          character of the people living there, not the owners.

          Sincerely,
          Sue

          =

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
            Amy -

            If the gate repair records show that the gate is repaired more often than
            what is considered "normal", there would be no false sense of security issue
            in play.

            Also, even if the gate was NOT broken, the fact still remains that we all
            know full well that there is ALWAYS some fool who will buzz the gate open
            without even asking "who's there?". Any true PI has had the need for that
            more than once. I know I have never been let down. LOL

            Does FL laws allow the admission of portions of the depo transcript of the
            boyfriend based on "unavailable witness"? If not, find the boyfriend if
            you have no other way of proving she knew the murderers. However, as the
            devil's advocate I will say that when she on the phone just because she
            thought she knew who was at the door doesn't mean they were really the one[s] at
            the door.

            Also, based on your comment of the jury makeup, does FL cases require
            unanimous verdict in civil cases?