access-Sue

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
      I am working on a case for the defense
      our gate was broken to the apt complex my client owned

      in an apt on the back on the 3rd floor of a bldg without an elevator, with no signs of forced entry had a deadbolt
      2 people were murdered execution style. It appears that she let them in to her apt, that she knew her killers (according t0 our expert),

      We need to show that if she let them in the apt she would have let them thru the gate.
      can't find any information on this.

      amy

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        Amy -

        With such minimal information you would be asking for too much one would
        think. Since she's your client, only she knows whether or not she would have
        let them in and why. I can think of the complete opposite scenario where a
        bell is rung and the person tells the ringer to just "go away". They
        might not have such
        fortitude on a face to face confrontation with them right at the door. A
        deadbolt is not going to stop someone angry enough from kicking in the
        regular type of door without metal bars and barriers.

        Perhaps you should consider consulting with a psychiatrist who has done
        research in bullying, fear, intimidation and the like. Dr. Keith Ablow is a
        psychiatry correspondent for FOX News Channel and a New York Times
        bestselling author. His website is at _livingthetruth.com_
        (http://livingthetruth.com/) and his e-mail address is _info@..._
        (mailto:info@...) . I'd ask him for an opinion as to which way to go. I know he has
        done research on bullying, fear and intimidation.

        Good luck.

        ________________________

        thank a military veteran

      • chris
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          Could it be possible that the gate was broken as a distraction? As a well to drawn attention away from criminal. if not you could consider that the offender had a master key, a working key or knew how to pick the lock. Thats just my thought based on what information you provided. If you wich contact me with additional information and I will give my thought again

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Jurydoctor@... wrote:

          > I am working on a case for the defense
          > our gate was broken to the apt complex my client owned
          >
          > in an apt on the back on the 3rd floor of a bldg without an elevator, with no signs of forced entry had a deadbolt
          > 2 people were murdered execution style. It appears that she let them in to her apt, that she knew her killers (according t0 our expert),
          >
          > We need to show that if she let them in the apt she would have let them thru the gate.
          > can't find any information on this.
          >
          > amy

        • Amanda Bargmann
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
             How long was the gate broken before thie murder occured?   Is it possible that the victim may have thought that if the attacter was on the inside of the gate that they belonged there?

            I would also recomend speaking to those who knew the victims, maybe they were the trusting sort who would answer the door to anyone. I know I used to be.  I grew up in an area where you didn't lock your doors to your house or your car.  It took me a long while of living in a large area and getting into the industry before I realized that not locking doors was a bad idea.

            I hope some of this helps.

            Amanda

          • Jurydoctor@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
              vRe: access-amy
              Posted by: "suesarkis@..." suesarkis@... suesarkis2001
              Date: Mon Nov 2, 2009 9:57 am ((PST))
              From your mouth to G-d ears.
              Some folks in the e-opinions felt the gate gave her a false sense of security. Maybe she thought the gate was ok, and the person was a neighbor.. etc etc..
              We have to make it clear based on what I have been hearing
              A. she knew her murderers
              B. if she let them in the apt she would let them in the gate
              C. it was an execution style murder.

              Yes, you are right I give you 1/2 the story (not even). that is because if I told you everything it would be a dissertation.
              so I try to give enough so that you can ask questions. The questions you have based on the scanty info is sometimes more important then the opinions.
              It tells me what people need to know to make a decision. What is important and what is not important.
              Only thru a "people-driven" question and answer interaction do we all find the issues of the case. What I or the arbitrators think
              are the issues may not be what you think the issues are. The only thing that matters is what you think the issues are.
              Thanks everybody for your thoughts.
              I will let you know the outcome of this 3 week trial.
              BTW, we have a plaintiff prone jury except for 1 person who is very logical and reasonable and able to make fine distinctions I hope
              he is the foreperson.
              Amy

              Amy -

              Since you hardly ever even give us half of the story and we never truly
              know the issues at hand as you do not tell us, here is what I assume based on
              what you now tell us.

              The female decedent's family is suing the owners of the building for
              "wrongful death".

              If that is the case based on what you have stated below, I don't think the
              building owners have anything to worry about. Regardless of whether drugs
              were involved or not, the fact that the gate was broken, fixed and then
              broken again the next day it was fixed speaks volumes about the caliber and
              character of the people living there, not the owners.

              Sincerely,
              Sue

              =

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
                Amy -

                If the gate repair records show that the gate is repaired more often than
                what is considered "normal", there would be no false sense of security issue
                in play.

                Also, even if the gate was NOT broken, the fact still remains that we all
                know full well that there is ALWAYS some fool who will buzz the gate open
                without even asking "who's there?". Any true PI has had the need for that
                more than once. I know I have never been let down. LOL

                Does FL laws allow the admission of portions of the depo transcript of the
                boyfriend based on "unavailable witness"? If not, find the boyfriend if
                you have no other way of proving she knew the murderers. However, as the
                devil's advocate I will say that when she on the phone just because she
                thought she knew who was at the door doesn't mean they were really the one[s] at
                the door.

                Also, based on your comment of the jury makeup, does FL cases require
                unanimous verdict in civil cases?