For gun supporters only

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Although the Heller decision was a very good decision for 2nd Amendment
      enthusiasts, the fact still remains that D.C. is a federal district governed
      by federal law, not any State's law. Therefore, the Heller decision doesn't
      help most of us as we do not reside there. Hopefully the SCOTUS will have
      the same mindset for this case as they did in that one.

      ____________________________________

      Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Heads To Supreme CourtChicago Gun Ban Case to
      Determine Gun Rights For All States

      The U.S. Supreme Court announced that it will hear the case of McDonald v.
      City of Chicago, and decide whether the right to keep and bear arms
      secured by the Second Amendment protects Americans from overreaching state and
      local governments.

      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554224:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD361439FCD09) The Supreme Court case is of paramount
      importance to American citizens, to see that their constitutional rights are
      respected not only by the Congress, but by state and local governments.

      Obama made public his clear anti-gun agenda in March 2004 in Chicago.
      Obama voted against Illinois Senate Bill 2165 allowing citizens the right to
      protect themselves and for local ordinances against handgun possession. The
      measure passed the Illinois Senate by a vote of 38-20 without Obama's vote.
      STOP Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda now before he can appoint any anti-gun judges.

      The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) is delighted to bring this case in
      cooperation with the Illinois State Rifle Association and the four local
      plaintiffs. We are in this fight because a gun ban is no less onerous to civil
      rights in Chicago than it was in the District of Columbia. Such a law
      cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged.

      Protecting our gun rights is expensive and it's impossible to put a price
      tag on. This time freedom will cost $250,000 to defend your Second
      Amendment rights in this challenge to the Chicago gun ban. SAF stands firmly
      committed to defend these rights and we are asking you to stand with us and we
      need your help to stop the anti-freedom extremists now!

      We urgently need you to demand that all State Attorneys General file an
      Amicus Brief stating they agree that the individual right to keep and bear
      arms is protected by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
      and applies to all 50 states.

      _FAX All 50 State Attorney Generals Now and Donate The $250,000 Needed
      For SAF To Defend Second Amendment Rights At The Supreme Court!
      https://secure.responseenterprises.com/saf_faxag/?a=3068_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554224:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD36
      1439FCD09)

      At issue is a 27-year-old Chicago law banning handguns, requiring the
      annual taxation of firearms, and otherwise interfering with the right of
      law-abiding individuals to keep guns at home for self-defense. The case was
      brought on behalf of four Chicago residents, the Second Amendment Foundation,
      and the Illinois State Rifle Association.

      Last year, in the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, the
      Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to
      keep and bear arms. However, as that case concerned the actions of the
      District of Columbia government, a federal entity, the high court was not
      called upon to decide whether the right bound states and local governments.
      Over the years, almost the entire Bill of Rights has been held to apply to
      state and local governments by incorporation of the Fourteenth Amendment.

      "The freedoms we enjoy as Americans are secured to us against violation by
      all levels of government," noted Alan Gura, of Gura & Possessky, PLLC,
      lead counsel for the McDonald plaintiffs. "State and local politicians should
      be on notice: the Second Amendment is a normal part of the Bill of Rights,
      and it is coming to your town."

      Otis McDonald, a Chicago resident since 1952 who led the fight to
      integrate his union local in the 1960s and is a plaintiff in the case, welcomed the
      news.

      "I am grateful the Supreme Court has agreed to hear this case," McDonald
      said. "I now pray that the Court secures me and all other law-abiding
      citizens the right to defend ourselves and our families."

      _FAX All 50 State Attorney Generals Now and Donate The $250,000 Needed
      For SAF To Defend Second Amendment Rights At The Supreme Court!
      https://secure.responseenterprises.com/saf_faxag/?a=3068_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554224:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD36
      1439FCD09)

      Chicago attorney David Sigale commented, "The City of Chicago cannot take
      from millions of Americans the fundamental freedom of self-defense in one's
      own home. We are confident the Court will stand on the side of the
      law-abiding citizens and the Bill of Rights."

      "We're pleased to hear that the Supreme Court has decided to take a look
      at Chicago's gun laws," added ISRA President Don Moran. "In this time of
      economic uncertainty and increasing lawlessness, the good people of Chicago
      ought not have to choose between violating Chicago's gun ban, and protecting
      themselves and their loved ones."

      The Chicago gun ban challenge will likely be among the most closely
      watched constitutional law cases in decades. At stake is not just the question of
      whether the Second Amendment secures the right to arms against state and
      local governments, but also the extent to which the Supreme Court preserves
      individual liberty against encroachment by state and local governments.

      Oral argument will possibly be scheduled early this coming winter, with a
      decision expected by June 2010. Gura will argue the case on behalf of the
      McDonald plaintiffs.

      The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and
      largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group
      focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and
      possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000
      members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform
      the public about the consequences of gun control.

      DO NOT BE SILENCED - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

      For our projects to be successful, we must count on the voluntary
      financial support from individuals like you who care.

      As I write this, the anti-freedom extremists are raising tens of thousands
      of dollars to defeat us at the Supreme Court …maybe even more! We need
      your financial support today to ensure we have the resources to beat back
      anti-gunners who will stop at nothing to take away our right and ability to
      defend ourselves and our families.

      Please _give your most generous contribution today_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554225:5111605653:m:4:17
      2162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD361439FCD09) . Help me defend your individual right to bear arms in this
      important Supreme Court case, today!

      Your contribution of $20 or $25 is urgently needed today.

      Your donation for just $10 will help so much. If you can afford to send
      $50 or $100 or more it would truly be a godsend.

      Remember, protecting our freedom is not inexpensive.

      But then, it's impossible to put a price tag on freedom.

      _FAX All 50 State Attorney Generals Now and Donate The $250,000 Needed
      For SAF To Defend Second Amendment Rights At The Supreme Court!
      https://secure.responseenterprises.com/saf_faxag/?a=3068_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554224:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD36
      1439FCD09)

      Together, we can preserve the Constitutional rights our Founding Fathers
      intended our people to have forever.

      For more information about SAF go to _http://www.saf.org/_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554226:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD
      361439FCD09)

      Thank you. I know I can count on you.

      Sincerely yours,

      Alan M. Gottlieb
      Founder
      Second Amendment Foundation

      P.S. Remember, the anti-gunners are raising tens of thousands of dollars
      to steal this victory from us--_we need your support now_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554225:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD36
      1439FCD09) to help stop them dead in their tracks!

      _FAX All 50 State Attorney Generals Now and Donate The $250,000 Needed
      For SAF To Defend Second Amendment Rights At The Supreme Court!
      https://secure.responseenterprises.com/saf_faxag/?a=3068_
      (http://news.dienerconsultants.com/ct/3554224:5111605653:m:4:172162071:1E94F67F66B911BB1CEFD36
      1439FCD09)

      Send Checks To:
      Second Amendment Foundation
      James Madison Building
      Dept Code 3068
      12500 NE 10th Place
      Bellevue, WA 98005
      Paid for by Second Amendment Foundation 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
      Contributions are tax deducible.Copyright © 2009 Second Amendment
      Foundation, All Rights Reserved.