Police report delimma

  • Ark Inv
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      Seeking suggestions. We're working a case now and I'm trying to find a
      way to 'work the system'. This is a death case where a soldier
      reportedly committed suicide (according to our chief suspect - the
      wife). The local police did an incredibly lousy piece of work and
      totally blew any semblance of an investigation, particularly at the
      scene. We have turned up a couple of new and useful tidbits that would
      help their case but the problem is that we can't get access to their
      case file. We're looking for some ideas of ways to get around those
      restrictions imposed by them having an 'open case' and therefore
      restricted from granting access to their case. I must mention that the
      locals present themselves as being sympathetic to our situation and
      are firmly convinced she is directly involved in the death, but they
      are withholding access. I might also mention that she has not received
      any of the death benefits ($$$) as a result of the police having an
      ongoing case. The local police have not actually been working on the
      investigation but have taken a position where they are waiting on
      something to happen that might change the direction of what they have
      done. They are not willing to 'close' the case thereby freeing up the
      $, but it's mainly a method of making it hard on her.

      I don't want to do anything that might result in this woman getting
      any benefits but I'm a believer that we can contribute to their case
      if we know what they had actually done so far. Any thoughts or
      examples of how to work within the system would be greatly appreciated.

      __
      From the desk of
      Michael J. West, CFE, CLEI
      Director of Investigations

      400 West Capitol Ave, Ste 1700,
      Little Rock, AR 72201
      501-605-0360 or 501-372-2202
      Arkansas License A20040061
      Louisiana License 6935-081908-LA
      Oklahoma License 07PIA-3391

      Our motto is "We Find Answers®"
      and that's exactly what we do!

      Criminal Defense, Corporate Intelligence, Business Investigations,
      Legal Investigation, Insurance
      Interviews, Worker's Comp, Child Custody, Surveillance, Fraud, Marital
      Investigations, and Training.

      Visit our website at www.arkansas-investigations.com

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email
      message and any attachment(s) is the property of Arkansas
      Investigations and may be protected by state and federal laws
      governing disclosure of private information. It is intended solely
      for the use of the entity to who this email is addressed. If you are
      not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading,
      copying, or distribution of this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
      The Sender has not waived any applicable privilege by sending the
      accompanying transmission. If you have received this transmission in
      error, please notify the sender by return and delete the message and
      attachments(s) from your system. This e-mail is covered by the
      Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510 - 2521 and is
      legally privileged.

      __
      From the desk of