Hunting season

  • Jesse Watson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
      Dear Colleagues,

      I was party to a conversation today that I feel needs to be shared with you all.
      The PI/recovery agent I was speaking to was going on about hunting season being the "perfect time"
      to locate and film a claimant in a fraud case.

      Ladies and gentlemen, I implore you, do not attempt this unless it is your absolute last recourse.
      I live and work in ranch/farm country and it was recently pointed out to me that there are very few
      of us "cowboy" PI's so I am hoping that now, as Deer and turkey season quickly approaches some of you
      will take heed.

      In addition to the normal difficulties associated with rural surveillance, hunting season compounds this with
      armed alpha males that will most likely SEE you attempting to film them. Where I live just hunting in an area where
      someone has already put down stakes will likely cause a violent reaction so imagine a claimant
      who thinks that their livelihood may have just evaporated because you filmed them dragging a buck back to their vehicle.

      I can already hear some of you scoffing at the possibility that someone might actually shoot you for filming them hunting
      and I truly hope that I never have to find out I am correct but even without considering that danger I will add
      2 more factors to this equation:

      1. In Missouri the odds are your claimant will be hunting on private property, even if they don't have permission to be there, neither do YOU...nuff said on that

      2. In Missouri, and I suspect in many other states, disabled folks are issued special license and granted provisions so that they can hunt with the rest of us.

      If any of you are interested in pursuing this topic further feel free to call me and I will detail to you at least 2 methods of transporting a buck without using your back muscles.

      As of this writing I made a list of 10 avid hunters in my county off the top if my head...of those 10, 6 of them would kill you and hide the body if they saw you filming them.

      Very respectfully,

      Jesse Watson
      White Horse Investigations
      http://whitehorse.evilsecrets.net/

      Office: (417) 426-5249
      Mobile: (417) 664-3091

      The Association of Christian Investigators
      The Association of Intelligence Professionals
      Infragard
      Hunter-Net

      *Disabled Veteran owned and operated

    • Jesse Watson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
        Darin,

        It sounds like your operation would be the exception to the rule. I'm talking about your average COMP case
        and not anything done with cooperation and resources from law enforcement.
        Most of us, as you know, do not enjoy that luxury.