Documenting Web Pages

  • Rob O'Neill
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi Folks,

      I have a case where I will need to document (screen shots in report) and
      preserve the contents of a number of social networking web site pages for
      use in court. Would someone be willing to share with me what software and
      procedures you find best for this purpose. For general information the
      matter is a Petition to Revoke hearing so the rules of evidence are somewhat
      relaxed. We will be sending notices to preserve and following up with
      subpoenas to the web site owners but I need to document the pages in case of
      change during this process.

      Thanks for your time and consideration!

      Rob O'Neill
      Advanced Research Group, Inc.
      43W624 US-30, Suite F
      Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554
      (630) 938-4716 Office
      (630) 768-6561 Mobile
      (630) 982-0692 Fax
      rroneill@... Email
      Florida License A2900189
      Illinois License 117.001361
      Indiana License PI20900496
      Wisconsin License 16695-062

    • Lists
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
        Snagit, download it, use the Web Page Keep Links function, which makes an
        Web Archive file, with an MHT file extension.
        Brian K. Ingram, Owner
        Consulting Investigation Services
        P.O. Box 2097
        Waxahachie, Texas 75168
        Tx. P.I. License: A-08429
        Forensic Data Recovery, Email Tracing,Internet Investigations, Catastrophic
        Event Investigations
        www.cispi.net
        (972) 937-3938
        Serving Texas since 1996
        Member: American College of Forensic Examiners
        IntelleNet

        _____

        rroneill@att. <mailto:rroneill%40att.net> net Email
        Florida License A2900189