Off topic but interesting

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
      LAPD officer sentenced to prison for altercation on Redondo Beach Pier in
      2008

      August 25, 2009 | 8:35 pm
      A Los Angeles Police Department officer who threatened a restaurant patron
      with a knife and semiautomatic handgun was sentenced today to state
      prison, authorities said.
      David Woon Chong, 39, was sentenced to four years and four months for his
      role in a March 2008 incident at the restaurant on the Redondo Beach Pier,
      the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said.
      Chong threatened a restaurant patron after getting into an argument with
      two men. Chong kicked some food out of the man’s hand, then pulled out a
      .45-caliber Glock handgun and pointed it at the man’s head, the district
      attorney said.
      Chong left the restaurant and was pulled over by Redondo Beach police. He
      allegedly had a 0.11 blood alcohol level at the time of his arrest,
      according to the district attorney.
      The district attorney said Chong was sentenced after pleading no contest to
      one count of making a criminal threat and admitting to the gun use
      allegation.
      –Robert J. Lopez

    • calijett
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2009
        YES THATS THE THINGS I GET ANGRY ABOUT . I FOUND A SITE CHANGE.ORG WHERE PEOPLE CAN GO AND START PETITIONS . I STARTED ONE THAT OFFICERS THAT LIE AND SET US UP SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR IT . SO MANY COMPLAINTS AND THEY SHOULD GET TIME OFF WORK .
        MY FRIEND JUST WENT TO JAIL OUT OF TORRANCE ,CA. FOR A PAIR OF SISSORS THE OFFICER WROTE DOWN DAGGER . HE IS ON PAROL THE JUDGE LOOKED AT THE EVIDENCE (SISSORS ) AND THREW IT OUT BUT NOW HE HAS TO SEE THE PAROL BOARD AND THEY CAN GIVE HIM UP TO 1 YR FOR JUST COMING IN CONTACT WITH THE POLICE.

        > LAPD officer sentenced to prison for altercation on Redondo Beach Pier in
        > 2008
        >
        > August 25, 2009 | 8:35 pm
        > A Los Angeles Police Department officer who threatened a restaurant patron
        > with a knife and semiautomatic handgun was sentenced today to state
        > prison, authorities said.
        > David Woon Chong, 39, was sentenced to four years and four months for his
        > role in a March 2008 incident at the restaurant on the Redondo Beach Pier,
        > the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office said.
        > Chong threatened a restaurant patron after getting into an argument with
        > two men. Chong kicked some food out of the man’s hand, then pulled out a
        > .45-caliber Glock handgun and pointed it at the man’s head, the district
        > attorney said.
        > Chong left the restaurant and was pulled over by Redondo Beach police. He
        > allegedly had a 0.11 blood alcohol level at the time of his arrest,
        > according to the district attorney.
        > The district attorney said Chong was sentenced after pleading no contest to
        > one count of making a criminal threat and admitting to the gun use
        > allegation.
        > â€"Robert J. Lopez

      • Gary Krisulevicz
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009