Re: how much would you award-Moe

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2009
      I would like to respond to this -

      ?

      First of all, the landlord does have the right to make sure the common areas are safe so the mold should not have been there, nor should the other problems have been broken.? There should also have been a light on the outside of the house.? Obviously, if this happened before and the mold was still there, how many times, if any, did the tenant tell the landllord about it?

      ?

      The?plaintiff had already had one bad experience there with slipping so he should have been aware that there was a problem.? Therefore, I would have to put some blame on him.? I also don't really know which is worse for slipping on mold, going barefoot or wearing "flip flops".? You need to find this out.

      ?

      I would award 90% liability to the landlord, 5% to the tenant for continuing to pay rent for living in a "dangerous" spot, and 5% to the plaintiff who for knowing there was mold there and probably wasn't thinking about slipping but just wanted to catch the dog.

      ?

      I would probably award, depending on what his future capacity is for using the arm he injured, $300,000 for this case.

      ?