Re: [infoguys-list] Cell Tower Services for PI's and Attorneys

  • Tom Slovenski
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26 3:56 PM
      This type of examination is performed using the records that the attorney
      subpoenas or that law enforcement already has in it's possession. There is
      no way to get these records outside of a subpoena. No way the phone company
      will give it up without a subpoena. So all is Kosher. In fact, I trained
      with the feds and other LEO's when I was certified and all is on the up and
      up. Part of our training was knowing the actual laws governing this type of
      examination. So all is good...That's the only way I roll!

      And no, this is not pinging!

      Tom Slovenski
      Certified Cellular Forensics Examiner

      On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Rus B. Robison <rbr007@...> wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > I saw something on one of the lists a few weeks ago saying that this type
      > of
      > information falls under some relatively new privacy law. I think it related
      > to long distance call records or cell phone records.
      >
      > I just do not want to fall into a pit where the "G" comes knocking on my
      > door for making a request for the information.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > With kindest regards, I remain...
      >
      > Very truly yours,
      >
      > ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC
      > PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS
      >
      > Rus B. Robison
      >
      > General Manager
      > Oklahoma City, OK

    • Rob O'Neill
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26 4:27 PM
        Rus,

        Geez.perhaps you should use your soapbox to help you off your high-horse.
        If you were to read Tom's email thoroughly it clearly states that they will
        use data obtained by subpoena by whoever hires them to conduct their
        analysis. He is not offering to obtain records of any type.

        Rob O'Neill

        Advanced Research Group, Inc.

        43W624 US-30

        Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554

        (630) 938-4716 Office

        (630) 768-6561 Mobile

        (630) 982-0692 Fax

        rroneill@... Email

        Illinois License 117.001361

        Indiana License PI20900496

        Wisconsin License 16695-062

[...]

        <mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> ">infoguys-list-unsubs
        cribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> </a><br/>

        18:07:00

      • Rus B. Robison
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26 4:42 PM
          So asking a friendly and conservative question is a high-horse?

          Tom and I talk frequently and I refer people to him, so I do not expect he
          took it in any other manner.

          If it were otherwise asked, are you saying Tom is not a big boy and cannot
          defend himself if needed?

          "Stay in your own lane; I know how to drive".by Judge Karen Mills Francis

          My question was not addressed "To Whom It May Concern".

          Unless your real name is Tom and you are using an alias of Rob, the question
          was not directed to you anyway.

          With kindest regards, I remain...

          Very truly yours,

          ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC

          PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

          Rus B. Robison

          General Manager

          PO Box 720560

          Oklahoma City, OK 73172-0560

          (405) 721-2295

          _____

          rroneill@att. <mailto:rroneill%40att.net> net Email

          Illinois License 117.001361

          Indiana License PI20900496

          Wisconsin License 16695-062

          yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:01 PM
          To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
[...]

          href="mailto:infoguys-list-
          <mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com> subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com> ">infoguys-list-subscrib
          e@yahoogroups. <mailto:e%40yahoogroups.com> com <mailto:e%40yahoogroups.com>
          </a><br/>
          To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
          href="mailto:infoguys-list-
          cribe@yahoogroups. <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> com
          <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> </a><br/>

          18:07:00

          18:07:00

        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26 5:08 PM
            Rus B. Robison, wrote the following at or about 8/26/2009 6:42 PM:
            > My question was not addressed "To Whom It May Concern".
            >

            > Unless your real name is Tom and you are using an alias of Rob, the question
            > was not directed to you anyway.

            Then perhaps it should have been directed OFF LIST to Tom, personally.
            You put it out on the list, it is fair game to anyone reading it. It's
            just that simple.

            Frankly, it does appear - at least to me - that you didn't read through
            it (Tom's original post). He knows what he's doing and besides that...

            "We can now take the call detail records you get under subpoena and
            assist you in locating the position of your subject at the time of their
            call!" tells me that all's well. All he's offering to do is interpret
            the data provided LAWFULLY under court order or subpoena.

            --

            Enjoy,

            /Bob/
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            NAPPS
            Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
            337-4638 Fax
            email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...>
            or rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063