Cell Tower Services for PI's and Attorneys

  • Rus B. Robison
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
      Tom,

      I saw something on one of the lists a few weeks ago saying that this type of
      information falls under some relatively new privacy law. I think it related
      to long distance call records or cell phone records.

      I just do not want to fall into a pit where the "G" comes knocking on my
      door for making a request for the information.

      Thanks.

      With kindest regards, I remain...

      Very truly yours,

      ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC
      PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

      Rus B. Robison

      General Manager
      Oklahoma City, OK

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
        This type of examination is performed using the records that the attorney
        subpoenas or that law enforcement already has in it's possession. There is
        no way to get these records outside of a subpoena. No way the phone company
        will give it up without a subpoena. So all is Kosher. In fact, I trained
        with the feds and other LEO's when I was certified and all is on the up and
        up. Part of our training was knowing the actual laws governing this type of
        examination. So all is good...That's the only way I roll!

        And no, this is not pinging!

        Tom Slovenski

        On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Rus B. Robison <rbr007@...> wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > I saw something on one of the lists a few weeks ago saying that this type
        > of
        > information falls under some relatively new privacy law. I think it related
        > to long distance call records or cell phone records.
        >
        > I just do not want to fall into a pit where the "G" comes knocking on my
        > door for making a request for the information.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > With kindest regards, I remain...
        >
        > Very truly yours,
        >
        > ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC
        > PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS
        >
        > Rus B. Robison
        >
        > General Manager
        > Oklahoma City, OK

      • Rob O'Neill
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
          Rus,

          Geez.perhaps you should use your soapbox to help you off your high-horse.
          If you were to read Tom's email thoroughly it clearly states that they will
          use data obtained by subpoena by whoever hires them to conduct their
          analysis. He is not offering to obtain records of any type.

          Rob O'Neill

          Advanced Research Group, Inc.

          43W624 US-30

          Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554

          (630) 938-4716 Office

          (630) 768-6561 Mobile

          (630) 982-0692 Fax

          rroneill@... Email

          Illinois License 117.001361

          Indiana License PI20900496

          Wisconsin License 16695-062

[...]

          <mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe%40yahoogroups.com> ">infoguys-list-unsubs
          cribe@yahoogroups.com <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> </a><br/>

          18:07:00

        • Rus B. Robison
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
            So asking a friendly and conservative question is a high-horse?

            Tom and I talk frequently and I refer people to him, so I do not expect he
            took it in any other manner.

            If it were otherwise asked, are you saying Tom is not a big boy and cannot
            defend himself if needed?

            "Stay in your own lane; I know how to drive".by Judge Karen Mills Francis

            My question was not addressed "To Whom It May Concern".

            Unless your real name is Tom and you are using an alias of Rob, the question
            was not directed to you anyway.

            With kindest regards, I remain...

            Very truly yours,

            ROBISON COMPANIES, LLC

            PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

            Rus B. Robison

            General Manager

            PO Box 720560

            Oklahoma City, OK 73172-0560

            (405) 721-2295

            _____

            rroneill@att. <mailto:rroneill%40att.net> net Email

            Illinois License 117.001361

            Indiana License PI20900496

            Wisconsin License 16695-062

            yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>
            Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:01 PM
            To: infoguys-list@ <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
[...]

            href="mailto:infoguys-list-
            <mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com> subscribe@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com> ">infoguys-list-subscrib
            e@yahoogroups. <mailto:e%40yahoogroups.com> com <mailto:e%40yahoogroups.com>
            </a><br/>
            To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
            href="mailto:infoguys-list-
            cribe@yahoogroups. <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> com
            <mailto:cribe%40yahoogroups.com> </a><br/>

            18:07:00

            18:07:00

          • Bob Hrodey
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 26, 2009
              Rus B. Robison, wrote the following at or about 8/26/2009 6:42 PM:
              > My question was not addressed "To Whom It May Concern".
              >

              > Unless your real name is Tom and you are using an alias of Rob, the question
              > was not directed to you anyway.

              Then perhaps it should have been directed OFF LIST to Tom, personally.
              You put it out on the list, it is fair game to anyone reading it. It's
              just that simple.

              Frankly, it does appear - at least to me - that you didn't read through
              it (Tom's original post). He knows what he's doing and besides that...

              "We can now take the call detail records you get under subpoena and
              assist you in locating the position of your subject at the time of their
              call!" tells me that all's well. All he's offering to do is interpret
              the data provided LAWFULLY under court order or subpoena.

              --

              Enjoy,

              /Bob/
              Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
              NAPPS
              Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
              Licensed in IL & WI (815) 337-4636 Voice
              337-4638 Fax
              email: inquiry@... <mailto:inquiry@...>
              or rth@... <mailto:rth@...>
              Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063