Interesting PI Survey Results - Average age of a PI

  • Jimmie Mesis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      Every week we post a PI related survey question on our website and this
      past weeks question was -

      How long have you been a PI?

      The results show that:
      38% of respondents have been a PI for less than 3 years.
      31% 4-10 years as a PI
      11% 11-15 years as a PI
      10% 16-25 years as a PI
      11% 26+ years as a PI

      These results reveal that 69% of all respondents have no more than 10
      years experience as a private investigator and that only 32% have more
      than 11 years in the profession. I find these results very interesting
      and a confirmation that only 1/3 of those who choose to become a private
      investigator make it to the 10 year mark. This is a clear reminder that
      private investigators need to market and promote themselves or they will
      go out of business.

      This weeks survey question deals with data providers and asks - Do you
      prefer flat rate or per search database fees?

      Go ahead and cast your vote at www.PImagazine.com and you'll instantly
      see the current survey results to date.
      Please feel free to send me an email with your survey question
      suggestions.

      Survey questions change every Monday.

      Stay safe,
      Jimmie Mesis