Re: [infoguys-list] run over - Sue

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11 10:45 AM
      Just asking for clarification, since your statement seems in conflict with
      what I would otherwise have believed - which may be due to a fact
      situation that I did not read.

      In a grocery store parking lot, where crosswalks are marked across the
      traffic pattern, from the store out into the lot, who has the right of way in
      those crosswalks?

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V
      (239) 304-1640 F
      (239) 641-6782 C

      In a message dated 8/11/2009 1:41:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      For starters, pedestrians do NOT have the right of way on private
      property. No one was crossing any street but rather were within the
      confines of a
      parking lot. Right of way laws are for highways and intersections, marked
      or otherwise.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11 12:36 PM
        Bill -

        In a clearly marked crosswalk, the pedestrian would have the right of way
        even if on private property if it is open to the general public, as I
        understand it. Even if that's not the law, shoot, commonsense should prevail.

        However, I do believe that such travel ways are considered streets/highways
        by FL law.

        Sue

        _www.FraudsAndScams_www.Fr_http://www.FraudsAnhttp://www_
        (http://www.fraudsandscams.com/) )