Re: [infoguys-list] Re: [FAPILIST] FW: Gates arrest - a little spin Chipper

  • Slipinn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
      Sue,
      I don't either of us was there but attached find the arrest report.

      Chuck Chambers

      In a message dated 7/29/2009 3:02:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      Chuck -

      Sorry. I didn't realize you were there.

      Sue

      In a message dated 7/29/2009 11:52:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      _Slipinn@..._ (mailto:Slipinn@...) writes:

      Sue,
      This is how I "dare say that"
      Crowley invited Gate's "come out on the porch if you have anything further
      to say".

      Now here is a so called experienced training officer, who respond's to a
      scene with a possible b&E in progress, upon arrival there is sign of
      forced
      entry or at least reported forced entry.

      He encounter's 2 subject's. One reported to have a backpack.

      Does he do a pat down for weapon's ? No
      Doe's he do any kind of a perimeter search for weapon's? No

      Some guy says to him "oh, I live here" and the experienced all knowing
      training officer accept's that on face value?

      That is the first clue that Crowley does not walk on water as a cop or
      training officer. I have worn Crowley's shoe's. Safety first!

      Now This Gate's turn's combative. Pull's the racial act. So Crowley tries
      to explain. Gate's is having none of it and rave's on.
      Time for Crowley, the experienced, 20 year vet to say.. Look this
      conversation is over, I am leaving. Any complaints feel free to call it
      in. The
      call is solved, it is indeed the unruley homeowner, but no crime is in
      progress.

      If Gate's persist's and follow's Crowley, Time to say look Gate's you have
      a right to say what you want in your home, you follow me out that door
      into public view acting like this and I will take you down for creating a
      disturbance and I WILL take you to jail.

      But oh noooo our hero says " uh.. Come on out on the porch and say that
      to me Gate's baby"

      Dummy Gate's fall's for it and now our Hero has him right where he want's
      him, and yes, Gates is gonna pay for daring talk back to a police
      officer..
      yes.. how dare a peon think they can talk back to us like this.

      NO.. the right thing to do is say, this call is over, I am leaving..
      not.." oh come on out here gate's.."

      You know that because your a training officer. You know you job is to keep
      the peace, protect and serve. You know that by inviting Gate's to the
      porch it is not going to magically make all peace and bliss. In fact...
      with
      all your years of experience.. you see a chance to make him pay.. all you
      have to do is dangle the bait. Your baiting a stupid man who dared piss
      you
      off.

      Now your smart and you know that what you have done is not illegal, no
      one can charge you for it.. but in your mind you also know there was a
      better
      more acceptable way of ending this call. Why? because ypou have 20 years
      at this stuff and you train cop's. You train them to calm thing's and
      people
      down and take control. You train officer's not to escalate thing's and
      make them worse. You tell them way's to avoid such mess's. You mr. Cop
      have a
      duty to keep your emotions in check. This is not about your ego, this is
      about the law. This is about safety.
      It's Gate's right to spout off all day long about Race if he want's too.
      Especially in his own home. It is not his right to create a public
      disturbance. But he is not doing that in his hom, only if we can bait him
      outside
      can we get "even".

      Chuck Chambers,
      _www.chamberagency._www.ch_http://www.chamberahttp://www_
      (http://www.chamberahttp//ww_)
      (_http://www.chamberahttp://www_ (http://www.chamberagency.com/) ) )

      In a message dated 7/29/2009 12:29:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      __suesarkis@aol._su_ (mailto:_suesarkis@...) _
      (mailto:_suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) ) writes:

      Chuck -

      Wait one red second here. I have never been a cop but I am a human and I
      understand human nature. How dare you say that, "Both people did some
      wrong here". What evidence do you have that Crowley did anything wrong?

      Gates returns from a long trip and he's probably tired as usually is the
      case. He finds he cannot gain access to his own house. He is forced to
      break in to his own house which is witnessed by passerby's. A passerby
      telephones
      the police and reports same.

      Police arrive and when they approach they see the screen door broken and 2
      suitcases on the porch. Not being psychic they do not know if the
      suitcases are coming or going. Eyeball sighting of person inside house
      raises a
      request to come to the porch and show I. D. Home owner gets an attitude
      and
      raises the race card.

      Since Crowley is, in fact, the "training officer" for the department
      regarding racial profiling and knows better than most, I will side with
      him 100%
      just as his black colleagues have. The only fault I find here is the
      dismissal of the charges.

      The timing is the issue with me as a very dear friend of mine had to
      surrender to county jail yesterday for the very same thing that happened
      at his
      office here in Glendale a few years ago. A silent alarm, his office,
      cleaning crew apologizing to police when they arrived as they accidentally
      set
      it off, etc., etc., etc. In that case I can assure you that the police
      were
      total Adam Henry's as was my friend. The dialogue got crazy when GPD
      demanded I. D. and all he had on him at that precise moment and location
      was his
      passport which was in his shirt pocket. GPD refused to accept a passport
      as acceptable ID and demanded a picture ID issued by CA. It all went
      downhill from there. Trust me when I say "I can assure you" since I
      recorded
      the entire conversation as he was on the speaker phone with me when the
      police arrived.

      My friend's language was quite inappropriate as were the officers' but at
      least he never raised the RACE card.

      ________________________

      _www.sarkispi._www.sar_http://www.sarkispihttp://_
      (http://www.sarkispihttp/_)
      (_http://www.sarkispihttp:/_ (http://www.sarkispihttp:_) )
      (__http://www.sarkispihttp:/_ (http://www.sarkispihttp:_) (_http://www.sarkispihttp:_
      (http://www.sarkispi.com/) ) ) )

      thank a military veteran
      *********************************<WBR>**<WBR>**<<WB>** at Dell on Popul
      School
      (___http://pr.atwola.http://pr.http://pr.atwohttp://pr.atwolhttp://pr.atwola
      h_
      (http://pr.atwola.http//pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwolhttp://pr.atwolahttp:/)
      /_
      (_http://pr.atwola.http://prhttp://prhttp://pr.atwolhttp://pr.atwolahttp://_

      (http://pr.atwola.http//pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht) )
      __tp://prhttp:tp://prhttp:tp://prhtttp://prhttp://prhttp://prhttp:_
      (tp://prhttp:tp://prhtttp://prhtttp://prhttp://prhttp:tp://prhttp:) <W_
      (_tp://prhttp:tp://prhtttp://prhtttp://prhttp://prhttp:tp://prhttp:<W_
      (tp://prhttp://pr.http://pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolhtt_) )
      (__http://pr.atwola.http://pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwolhttp://pr.atwolahttp:/
      /_
      (http://pr.atwola.http//pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht)
      _tp://pr.__ (tp://pr._/)
      (_http://pr.atwola.http://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht
      tp://pr._
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223106546x1201717234/aol?redir=http://alt) )
      farm.mediaplex.farm.mediaplex.farm.mediaplfarm.med

      ************************<WBR>**<WBR>*Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Lapto
      School
      (__http://pr.atwola.http://pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwolhttp://pr.atwolahttp:/
      /_
      (http://pr.atwola.http//pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht)
      _tp://prhttp:tp://prhtttp://prhtttp://prhttp://prhttp:tp://prhttp:<W_
      (tp://prhttp://pr.http://pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolhtt_)
      (_http://pr.atwola.http://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht
      tp://pr._
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223106546x1201717234/aol?redir=http://alt)
      farm.mediaplex.farm.mediafarm.mediaplfarm.mediaple

      ************************<WBR>**Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops per
      School
      (_http://pr.atwola.http://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht
      tp://prhttp://pr.http://pr.http://prhttp://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolhtt_
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223106546x1201717234/aol?redir=http://alt
      farm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/12309-81939-1629-8) )

      **************Hot Deals at Dell on Popular Laptops perfect for Back to
      School
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1223106546x1201717234/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D8)