Re: Question to the group: Is it possible??

  • Ricky Gurley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <patla2@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to recover photos from a physically crashed hard drive? And, if so, can these photos be used in a court of law to convict a person even though the defendent sold the hard drive along with a lot of other stuff believing that there was no possible way they could ever retrieve them?

      Patrick,

      I see you are a computer programmer. You are probably aware then, that this will depend upon the type of damage done to the hard drive, but since you use the term "physically crashed", I would imagine the damage is not intentional, it is just "mechanical". If this is the case, then more than likely the data can be recovered from the drive.

      Be careful who you use to do this. Some people might not be as knowledgable as others. Look around on the net for experienced computer forensic examiners. Or, if you want, just go here to my Intranet site at: http://rmri.no-ip.org/ and go to the InvestigatWiki and do a search on the term "Forensics" and you will find a few very competent computer forensics examiners that you can trust to do the job right for you. More people are being added to this category all of the time. That is what this site is for, the public thatneed work like this done.

      Rick,

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808