Question to the group: Is it possible??

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
      Is it possible to recover photos from a physically crashed hard drive? And, if so, can these photos be used in a court of law to convict a person even though the defendent sold the hard drive along with a lot of other stuff believing that there was no possible way they could ever retrieve them?
    • Steven
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
        >>>Is it possible to recover photos from a physically crashed hard
        drive? And, if so, can these photos be used in a court of law to
        convict a person even though the defendent sold the hard drive along
        with a lot of other stuff believing that there was no possible way
        they could ever retrieve them? <<<

        Patrick:

        In many cases, "yes". A non-responsive HD very often still contains
        the info...even if "DELETED" it's still almost always there.

        We have recovered deleted and damaged data many times. We can provide
        "recovered" copies of everything and can testify as to protocols
        used, recovery methods, etc. etc. if this is an active legal matter.

        Please contact me offlist (direct email and tel # below) if you need
        an assist with this.

        And, BTW, we're not just "geeks", we're licensed (and very active)
        field Investigators for 20+ years.

        Steven.

        (Steven Rambam, Director.)
        (for: Pallorium, Inc.)

        direct email: rambam@..., pallorium@...

        THIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS FOR NEWSGROUP ACTIVITY ONLY.
        PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT TO THIS ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISCARDED BY
        THE MAILSERVER.

        Pallorium, Inc.
        P.O. Box 155 - Midwood Station
        Brooklyn, New York 11230 USA

        Telephone: (001) 212-969-0286
        FAX: (001) 212-858-5720

        ____________

        Electronic Mail: pallorium@...
        (OR) pallorium@...

        ____________

        WEB: http://www.pallorium.com
        ____________

        * Licensed Investigators * Database Services *

        * U.S.A. Affiliates in New York, Texas, Louisiana and California *

        * IIN * WAD * WIN * NAIS * ION * AIIP * NCISS * BOMP * COIN *
        * ASIS * ACFE * IOA * INTELNET * ALDONYS * TALI * SPI *

        ____________

        Join the "INVESTIGATIONS" group at: www.peoplefinder.net/newsgroup.html
        A private, secure and noncompetitive group for investigative
        professionals.

      • Ricky Gurley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick" <patla2@...> wrote:

          > Is it possible to recover photos from a physically crashed hard drive? And, if so, can these photos be used in a court of law to convict a person even though the defendent sold the hard drive along with a lot of other stuff believing that there was no possible way they could ever retrieve them?

          Patrick,

          I see you are a computer programmer. You are probably aware then, that this will depend upon the type of damage done to the hard drive, but since you use the term "physically crashed", I would imagine the damage is not intentional, it is just "mechanical". If this is the case, then more than likely the data can be recovered from the drive.

          Be careful who you use to do this. Some people might not be as knowledgable as others. Look around on the net for experienced computer forensic examiners. Or, if you want, just go here to my Intranet site at: http://rmri.no-ip.org/ and go to the InvestigatWiki and do a search on the term "Forensics" and you will find a few very competent computer forensics examiners that you can trust to do the job right for you. More people are being added to this category all of the time. That is what this site is for, the public thatneed work like this done.

          Rick,

          Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
          Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
          Car Phone: (573) 529-0808