airport lease-comments

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2009
      This lawyer sounds like a schiester.

      I think the lawyer is liable. Monopoly laws usually apply to larger areas
      like states not airports. In FL every lease that Publix Supermarkets signs
      has a stipulation that another grocery store can not lease in the same
      shopping center. BJs Wholesale was actually supposed to build in a shopping center
      with a Publix in the city where I live. The BJs was never built because a
      judge determined that BJs was a grocery store & could not be leased to due to
      Publix's contract.

      _____________________
      Gotta love those lawyers. First they bill their client for drafting a
      lease, then when the lease is no good they say there is no lease that would be
      proper under the monopoly laws. Can a lawyer bill for an illegal agreement
      they drafted?
      Emperor's New Clothes...
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2009
        Now they tell them? (that a lease couldn't be written after they charge
        them for writing up a lease that doesn't hold water)? I hope there are punitive
        damages in this case.
        ____________________________________
        This is why people dislike lawyers.
        __________________
        If the lawyers are right (that no lease could be written) then they are in
        the wrong. Plain and simple.
        ______________________________
        You can't have a monopoly in this country. The plaintiffs are greedy.
        _____________________________
        Sounds like they had a sweetheart deal until new administration came in and
        followed the law. I think both the plaintiffs and the defendants are wrong.
        __________________________________
        If 90% of the airports have a single fuel supplier, then I want to get in
        on the action. Seems like they need a competitor. Are the plaintiffs Arabs by
        any chance?

        **************The Average US Credit Score is 692. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
        Steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222376998x1201454298/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=M
        ay5309AvgfooterNO62)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2009
          Not knowing all of the facts makes this, just like most others, truly
          impossible to opine intelligently on.

          IF the attorney advised the clients that the contract was defective but
          that the clients insisted on going forth with it, the attorney did nothing
          wrong.

          What are the local and state laws in the jurisdiction involved regarding
          competitive bidding and monopolies?

          What does the federal law say about monopolies?

          The current owner did the smart thing, or so it seems, as they now appear
          to be wanting to comply with their laws.

          People hate attorneys for a variety of reasons but usually based on
          ignorance and lack of knowledge. The law trumps the contract !!

          818-246-3001 FAX

          thank a military veteran