Re: [infoguys-list] Not a good thing - SUE

  • Slipinn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2009
      They had a saying for this back in my Police days.

      "You might beat the rap, but you never beat the ride"

      Chuck Chambers
      Co-President, Florida Association of Private Investigators (FAPI)
      Charter member- FAPI
      Author- The Private Investigator's Handbook
      Recipient of the 2007 Fapi Outstanding service award
      State approved Instructor Class CC intern course-Manatee Community College

      _WWW.ChambersAgency.com_ (http://www.chambersagency.com/)
      Chambers Investigations
      606 49th st w
      Bradenton Florida 34209
      Lic.# A-0001959
      941-798-3804

      In a message dated 4/3/2009 12:25:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      Bill -

      The way I understood what he was saying and I could be very wrong is that
      the government said -

      a) if you don't let us, than, -

      b) we will do an audit!

      Although an audit is a perfectly lawful act and although the bank swears
      they could withstand an audit as their books are in order and they are not
      one
      of the banks that holds deeds, etc., the fact still remains that the bank
      feared they could not withstand the financial penalties attached to having
      to have
      their staff involved over such a long period of time.

      In other words, you don't have to threaten to break someone's bones or kill
      their family members, both unlawful acts, for it to be extortion. Under the
      section he was referring to it was specifically about when the government
      uses its color of authority to impose pressure.

      However, you are the former fed and neither his honor nor I am so therefore,
      I'll capitulate.

      By the way, if I led you to believe that I personally know Judge Napolitano,
      I do apologize as I don't. I've just read his books, reviewed his cases and
      listened to his interviews.

      Sue
      ************************<WBR>**Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make d
      less. (_http://food.http://food.<WBhttp://food.http://food.<WBRhttp_