Re: [infoguys-list] Fixed Rate Billing

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 29 2:42 PM
      Michael -

      I'm going to respond here to not only this post but also a post you sent to
      me privately.

      No, you never mentioned anything about "ethics" but rather mentioned about
      unnamed groups discussing the abuses involved with various billing modalities.
      That belies common sense as far as I am concerned because an unethical,
      incredible, low-life, over billing sleaze bucket will cheat either way.

      The you said, " I never said the majority of services could be flat rate".
      Yes you did. Your exact words were, "I see that a majority of our services
      could be covered by fixed rate billing but I¹d love to hear your thoughts".

      While I fully agree that thinking outside the box is always a good idea and
      that's what makes some investigators better than others, many greater minds
      than ours (think tanks) have addressed this issue decades ago and continue
      routinely to do so. Conventional wisdom would dictate that a detailed
      investigation with a definite beginning and ending would be worthy of a set, flat
      price, while an ongoing, open-ended one is a better fit for an hourly rate.
      However, I've never experienced a "definite" investigation. If I was designing
      a website, sure. However, I'm an investigator.

      You asked me personally, "why is it that you have to be so offensive and
      come across as knowing everything?". Stupid statements and/or questions bring
      out the negative side of me and to be honest, I only try and answer questions
      that I truly DO KNOW the answers to unless, of course, I clearly state that
      it is just an opinion. After 35 years of hitting the pavement and only
      suffering from halfzheimer's, I truly remember most of what I've learned in times
      past as well as recent times. I've read the reports of the Rand Institute,
      WSJ Reports re: same, etc. Millions have been spent on such research and it
      always brings us back to hourly billing for our type of services.

      818-246-3001 FAX

      a military veteran
      **************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make dinner for $10 or