Re: [Investigationsworldw] quoting two paragraphs of the IWWA's Rules

  • Glad4JC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      I think the same could be applied to Urban Legends and Rip Off, you cannot
      depend just on one web site to be the end all of an inquiry into the validity
      of someone's business or any truth.

      Gladys Brierley
      ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
      PO Box 872
      Newton, MS 39345
      601-683-2094 bus & fax
      601-480-3181 cell
      Bus Lic # 1499
      Duns# 8082376
      _Insured www.accurateinvestigation.com_
      (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)
      Member of NAIS, NLLI, ACI, MPIA, APIA
      Regional Director NLLI
      Public Relations Officer MPIA

      "Tough times don't last, tough people do." Robert Schuller

      In a message dated 3/4/2009 11:50:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      suesarkis@... writes:

      Miriam -

      Although the underlying story that Mr. Keenan shared with us was about a
      political issue, the reason why he shared the post with us was a VERY
      integral
      part of investigations. How many times have you seen unknowing PI's refer
      people to Snopes thinking that what they say is always true? I have always
      believed them to be biased, lying sacks of dung but at the same time I still
      check things out on their list.

      If they are silent to an issue I assume it is true or else they would have
      covered it. If they address the issue, I look for anything factual,
      scientific, etc. and ignore their opinions. However, I still do refer to
      snopes.

      Imagine how many people might actually believe everything they read there.

      The underlying topic happened to be political in nature but the applicable
      issue was integrity. Isn't that important for every PI to now about?

      _www.sarkispi._www.s_http://www.sarkispihttp:_ (http://www.sarkispi.com/) )

      818-246-3001 FAX

      "one Nation under God"

      a military veteran