Re: [infoguys-list] POLITICAL

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      In a message dated 3/1/2009 5:35:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      selectps1@... writes:

      I hope this alleviates your concerns of having your house foreclosed on by
      the Chinese.

      Anthony -

      No, there is nothing to discuss but I did want to clear up one thing. If I
      made it sound like I had any fears about the Chinese foreclosing on MY house,
      I apologize. The government cannot encumber personally owned property and,
      in spite of the outrageous Kelo vs. City of New London decision, I feel I am
      protected since Bush was decent enough to sign Executive Order #13406 on June
      23, 2006.

      I presented a hypothetical about the Grand Canyon since it is not personal
      property and owned by the federal government.

      Have a great week all.

      ________________________

      818-246-3001 FAX

      "one Nation under God"

      a military veteran

    • A M
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
        Sue,
        As you know an Executive Order only has the force of law when it is rooted in law. I believe that E.O.# 13406 (June 2006) relies on
        the congressional Federal Appropriations Act, which was signed into law for the 2006 fiscal year, precluding funding for projects that use eminent domain for economic development without a traditionally recognized public purpose.
        Therefore under E.O. # 13406 you would be protected to the extent that a federally funded project by a private entity could not obtain your private property under eminent domain.
        E.O. # 13406 does not overcome Kelo vs.City of New London which refers to several previous Supreme Court Cases see Berman v. Parker, 1954 and Hawaii Housing Authority v. Midkiff, 1984.
        The states and local governments still have a very liberalized right of eminent domain, except for those states which have, since Kelo, self restricted themselves through legislation.
        But this is a digression from our original discussion. Your posts conveyed a sense that we are giving the country away. My post suggested different and I quoted recent history as examples and I included some inherent flaws in our system that have been overcome and produced the best economy the world has ever seen. We have problems today, yes, this too shall pass.
        Our system is built on confidence, I prefer to build on that confidence rather than succumb to the negative.
        Anthony Mastandrea LPI
        New York
        631-839-2081

        selectps1@yahoo. com writes:

        I hope this alleviates your concerns of having your house foreclosed on by
        the Chinese.

        Anthony -

        No, there is nothing to discuss but I did want to clear up one thing. If I
        made it sound like I had any fears about the Chinese foreclosing on MY house,
        I apologize. The government cannot encumber personally owned property and,
        in spite of the outrageous Kelo vs. City of New London decision, I feel I am
        protected since Bush was decent enough to sign Executive Order #13406 on June
        23, 2006.

        I presented a hypothetical about the Grand Canyon since it is not personal
        property and owned by the federal government.

        Have a great week all.

        ____________ _________ ___

        _www.sarkispi. com_ (http://www.sarkispi .com/)

        818-246-3001 FAX

        "one Nation under God"

        a military veteran
        ************ **Need a job? Find employment help in your area.
        (http://yellowpages. aol.com/search? query=employment _agencies& ncid=emlcntusyel p00000005)

      • Glad4JC@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
          Anthony,

          That was a very thoughtful response, especially the reference to Jekyl
          Island, the Federal Reserve does not have the gold to back all these worthless
          dollars floating around. The FR does not even have a fraction of gold. Our
          dollars are 98% devalued and soon we will be going to bartering.

          Gladys Brierley
          ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
          PO Box 872
          Newton, MS 39345
          601-683-2094 bus & fax
          601-480-3181 cell
          Bus Lic # 1499
          Duns# 8082376
          _Insuredwww.accurateinvestigation.com_
          (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)
          Member of NAIS, NLLI, ACI, MPIA, APIA
          Regional Director NLLI
          Public Relations Officer MPIA

          "Tough times don't last, tough people do." Robert Schuller

          In a message dated 3/1/2009 7:36:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
          selectps1@... writes:

          Sue,
          In short don't sweat it. I am not an economist and I apologize for the
          simplistic description below. Here goes a quick synopsis that I'll post in
          bullets, let me know if you care to discuss any points.
          1. The U.S. Treasury issues bonds and then trades them to the federal
          reserve for federal reserve notes (or what you and I call dollars). Look at your
          dollar, its a federal reserve note.
          The governments primary financing partner, the federal reserve, is a private
          corporation, and not a federal government agency. How could it be? Would the
          government have an agency that only existed for giving itself loans? The
          fed consists of owners, the premier bankers who sell shares to member
          banks.They issue and own every dollar bill that's printed.
          This funds our deficits when taxes, fees, and other income of the government
          is insufficient to fund its expenses that are paid by the treasury. The
          treasury is not the same as the federal reserve.
          2. These notes/bonds are backed by the full faith of the government.
          3. These notes are generally thought to be non collateralized(3. These notes
          3. These notes are generally thought to be non collateralized(
          4.The gold standard was abolished and the amount of currency and notes/bonds
          circulated has no relation to a particular commodity like gold or
          silver.(For an interesting read see JFK and the last time the U.S. Treasury issued U.S.
          Dollars or Silver Certificates)
          5. So what then keeps it all afloat? The collateral is confidence in the
          system and this way of life or a better way to put it is that you, I, and every
          child who is assigned a social security number represent collateral. When was
          the last time an infant needed an SS number? They don't but the government
          needs to account for that infant because in essence the infant replaces the
          gold bullion with its ability to contribute as a productive member of our
          society.
          6. As of late the economic world is upside down (subject for another post).
          To exemplify this, the Treasury is now raising funds for the Fed. Associated
          Press reported:
          "The Treasury Department, for the first time in its history, said it would
          begin selling bonds for the Federal Reserve in an effort to help the central
          bank deal with its unprecedented borrowing needs.'
          7. The Federal Reserve is not evil, its just the way we do business. Just
          because it was concocted at a private meeting held on an island that was only
          attended by bankers and several politicians and then was legislated into
          existence one Christmas Eve, well....I know it doesn't look so great, but they
          have been around for about 70 years now. By the way in their previous existence
          they were The Central Bank. Twice they were formed and both times they were
          stopped in their tracks, the latter by President Andrew Jackson, who bet his
          personal and political reputation that the country would back him and get rid
          of the Central Bank. If you get a chance read the history its fascinating.
          But today the fed has overseen the largest economic expansion of any nation
          ever. In short, it's a system that has worked very well.
          8. Well to now answer your question, It is confidence that our ship is built
          of. Confidence that we have in each other, in the government and the
          government has in us, its citizens. There wouldn't be so much confidence if the
          Chinese made a launch pad (after 30 years of applying for permits) of the Grand
          Canyon. That's when the Chinese in essence replace this government. Not very
          probable.
          9. History repeats itself. In the 70's and through the 80's many people were
          dismayed at the way the Japanese were buying the US up. The trade imbalance
          due to our importation of everything Japanese was astounding. From Cattle
          ranches to Golf Courses, to 30 Rock, NY, NY it was all being bought up, at the
          highest real estate prices ever, at that time. In the real estate bust of the
          late 80's early 90's they sold and we bought back cheaper.
          The Chinese own billions and billions of notes at no more than a couple of
          points. What would happen to the value of those notes should (prime) interest
          rates climb to normal levels? The squeeze may be coming sooner than you
          think. Remember interest rates under the last unimpeached democratic president?
          I hope this alleviates your concerns of having your house foreclosed on by
          the Chinese. In truth they are great manipulators of trade and currency, they
          made billions on manipulating gold in the early 90's and lately have played
          hardball with their currency. Lets see if our interest rates don't start
          shooting up real soon. Its an international chess game.
          Of Note* When can a private party run a name through NCIC ? Ask the federal
          reserve and the execs at its member banks. For those in our profession, that
          should put a lot into context.
          Anthony Mastandrea LPI
          New York
          631-839-2081

          --- On Sun, 3/1/09, _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...)

          From: _suesarkis@..._ (mailto:suesarkis@...) <_suesarkis@..._
          (mailto:suesarkis@...) >
          Subject: [infoguys-list] POLITICAL
          To: _infoguys-list@infoguys-lisinf_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)
          Date: Sunday, March 1, 2009, 4:46 PM

          Does anyone have any knowledge about this "right to eminent domain"
          agreement we just gave to China? I'm very concerned. I would assume it would
          have
          to have been by another stupid Executive Order since we would have heard if
          Congress was involved, at least I assume we would have.

          A "promissory note secured by deed of trust" would have given them the right
          to take all of the income for, for instance, tourists at the Grand Canyon
          post foreclosure. Eminent Domain rights, however, would give them the
          rights,
          for instance, to turn the Grand Canyon into their own launching pad.

          I am quite concerned. Almost as concerned as I am about the Hamas
          supporters who will now be flown here from Gaza on OUR DIME.

          Which president was it that was responsible for alien immigrants no longer
          needing to wait in long lines or have sponsors to emigrate here?

          Seriously, anyone know?

          Thanks,
          Sue
          ************ **Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in
          your
          neighborhood today.
          (_http://yellowpages._ (http://yellowpages./) aol.com/search? query=Tax+
          Return+Preparati on+%26+Filing& ncid=emlcntusyel p00000004)

        • A M
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2009
            Gladys,
            Thank you.  And for the record, in my opinion, the dollar is not worthless. It is backed by something that is greater in value than gold, it is backed by each and every American. Our confidence in our system, in our government and in short each other is our gold standard. I know that it seems like we are being hit from many sides all at once, but confidence must prevail. I hope that our government rises to the occasion and fosters an environment where that confidence will prevail.
            Anthony Mastandrea LPI
            New York
            631-839-2081

            --- On Sun, 3/1/09, _suesarkis@aol. sue_ (mailto:suesarkis@aol. com)

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2009
              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, A M <selectps1@...> wrote:

              "I hope that our government rises to the occasion and fosters an
              environment where that confidence will prevail."

              Well, if it does not, history has shown that greed will......

              Rick.

              Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
              Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
              Car Phone: (573) 529-0808