Re: [infoguys-list] "Good Samaritan" Sued In California

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2008
      Marvin -

      As despicable as this case is, in my eyes, I'm not really too concerned
      about the end result. I believe a jury will follow the letter of the law and not
      hold her liable. The code clearly states "emergency care" and not "medical
      care". With that said, she rendered "emergency care" by tending to the needs
      of a person in an emergency. The common definitions of both "emergency" and
      "care" will be presented by her attorneys

      I am quite curious though as to how the Supremes would find the code section
      ambiguous. Perhaps it is because the second paragraph addresses exemptions
      for certain professionals.
      Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.