Re: Something to seriously consider

  • Ricky Gurley
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2008
      As previously stated, it is
      > harmless and only takes a couple minutes of one's time.

      And that is exactly why I don't even bother....... It is "harmless",
      EVEN to the perpetrators.. Every time one is shut down, ten more seem
      to crop up.. This is "big business" to the people that are doing this,
      they just look at one operation being shut down as "the temporary
      elimination of competition"... Watch these scams and see if you don't
      notice a steady INCLINE instead of a decline in such scams...

      Don't let me discourage anyone else, though.. I have my own way of
      dealing with these "rotten bastards", and I don't get many of these
      types of email anymore..

      However, if you have the time to report every one of them, please by
      all means do so. I am happy that someone is..

      Rick.

      Direct Office Number: (573) 234-6876
      Office Phone: (573) 234-4647 Ext. 110
      Car Phone: (573) 529-0808
      Cell Phone: (573) 398-0024
      Toll Free Phone: (888) 571-0958
      Toll FreeFax: (877) 795-9800
      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Websites
      (1) http://www.rmriinc.com

      RMRI, Inc. Blogs
    • Glad4JC@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 26, 2008
        Sue,

        I usually forward all my emails like this to _fraud@..._
        (mailto:fraud@...) , does that get the same attention or do I need to do it the way you
        mentioned for more effect?

        Gladys Brierley
        ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
        PO Box 872
        Newton, MS 39345
        601-683-2094 bus & fax
        601-480-3181 cell
        Bus Lic # 1499
        Duns# 8082376
        _www.accurateinvestigation.com_ (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)
        Member of NAIS, NLLI, ACI, MPIA, APIA
        Regional Director NLLI
        Public Relations Officer MPIA

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2008
          Gladys -

          I truly don't have an answer except that since they want the complaints
          filed at their website, perhaps that would be best. I hope you are at least
          forwarding the header also.

          ________________________

          818-246-3001 FAX

          "one Nation under God"

          a military veteran

        • liusiguang
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
            Folks,
            IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center) is a clearinghouse for internet fraud and crime
            complaints. They keep a database that currently has well over a million entries, accessible
            for law enforcement. In addition, when a complaint comes in, LEO's in the victim's
            jurisdiction are notified. The database is fully searchable by members.

            As bad guys seldom develop a fraud methodology that they plan to use only once, they are
            likely doing the same thing around the country. Therefore, there are victims around the
            country - and LEO's attempting to help. The database is searchable on every field,
            including the investigating officer. LEO's can contact each other regarding a particular bad
            guy. They have some really great success stories, and the organization continues to grow.

            They are operated by the FBI, but have civilian billets as well.

            So...Bottom line, absolutely file any complaints with them. You may provide the missing
            piece of evidence that nails the bad guy.

            LSG

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2008
              Samuel -

              Thank you for such a responsible and informative reply.

              818-246-3001 FAX

              "one Nation under God"

              a military veteran