reposting posts

  • Glad4JC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
      In a message dated 9/1/2008 9:16:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      _Glad4JC@..._ (mailto:Glad4JC@...) writes:

      "Otherwise I don't think we have a right to demand anyone provide a
      signature line unless it is in the list rules which I admit I have
      not reviewed lately. "

      Oracle and others please do be careful when reposting something someone else
      says, the way the original post of yours looks it appears I said all the
      statements below, there are no quotes, break, font change or ***** something to
      designate where your words begin. This can lead to others responding to me
      thinking I said things I did not say.

      Thanks a bunch,

      Gladys Brierley
      ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
      PO Box 872
      Newton, MS 39345
      601-683-2094 bus & fax
      601-480-3181 cell
      Bus Lic # 1499
      Duns# 8082376
      _www.accurateinvestigation.com_ (http://www.accurateinvestigation.com/)
      Member of NAIS, NLLI, ACI, MPIA, APIA

      deal here.

    • rhrodey
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2008
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Glad4JC@... wrote:

        > Oracle and others please do be careful when reposting something
        someone else
        > says, the way the original post of yours looks it appears I said
        all the
        > statements below, there are no quotes, break, font change or *****
        something to
        > designate where your words begin. This can lead to others
        responding to me
        > thinking I said things I did not say.

        I don't think anyone reading Branscum's post thought that you wrote
        anything other than what you quoted above. He bottom posted below
        that small amount of your text that was germane to his post.

        He trimmed out everything else - something you did not do when you
        posted your response.

        Trimming a post down to a minimum necessary to allow the reader to
        grasp what your referring to common courtesy to the reader. Most
        folks, I think, follow these threads in order, if they don't they
        likely go back and follow a thread when it's something that interests
        them. What they don't need is a repetition of the entire thread in
        each and every response.

        In most cases, if your response, including the material you quoted is
        longer than the post you're responding to, you probably quoted too
        much. If you check the bottom of your response and you see the list
        unsubscribe links and [Non-text portions of this message have been
        removed] you KNOW you have quoted too much. Kinda like, er, your
        most recent message<g>

        Enjoy,

        Bob
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        Licensed in IL & WI
        (815) 337-4636 Voice 337-4638 Fax
        email: inquiry@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063