RE: [infoguys-list] Re: In Conclusion --- The point

  • Joan Farley Nyobe
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 31, 2008
      I wish I had got the link to join in the PI chat however, I realize I failed
      to submit all the required paperwork. Purely an oversight. Ihope to catch
      the next chat session. I think they are great tools in learning and sharing
      new information.

      Joan Farley Nyobe

      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
        It's really simple folks. If they don't have a signature line don't
        reply to their posts. If it were up to me I would not even allow
        nickname id's or email addresses to be hidden. I don't routinely talk to
        people on the street wearing masks why would I do that here?

        If enough members adhere to [shunning the unidentified], eventually
        everyone will get the idea. That said, you can't get upset if someone
        does make or replies to an unsigned post. Apparently a properly
        identifying oneself is not required on this group and therfore the
        unsigned and unidentified posts make it past the moderator.

        Perhaps a concerted appeal to the moderator(s) requesting that proper
        identity information be required on each post will be honored if enough
        group members make such a request.

        AS I AM NOW MAKING! (sorry, I didn't mean to yell)

        Identifying onself is proper business practice not to mention just plain
        old "good manners".

        ************ Discreetly Addressing Your Private Needs ************

        Salvatore F. Alioto

        Owner/Operator Able Shamus Investigations

        Retired Sergeant NY City Police Department

        Licensed by the NY State Department of State

        Private Investigation License # 11000101082

        Armed Security License # 10010514064

        Notary Public Commission # 01AL6083412

        Proudly Serving the NY State Hudson Valley / NY City Metro / Long Island
        Regions

        Phone # (845) 656-4027

        Fax # (845) 226-3629

        Website - http://sfapi.tripod.com/ <http://sfapi.tripod.com/>

      • Frank M. Grande
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
          Sal,

          You make a very valid point. I do not feel the need to reiterate the post made.

          We are all professionals. I am always looking to conduct business with anyone on any group. Their signature line allows we to know who I am dealing with.

          Frank M. Grande
          CheckMate Investigations LLC
          P.O. Box 825
          Bethel, CT 06801
          Office: 203.743.6455
          Fax: 203.778.2415
          Toll: 866.743.6455
          Email: info@...
          Web: www.checkmate-investigations.net
          CT Lic. A-2192
          NCISS, NAIS, CALPI
          When there are no more moves, CHECKMATE! We are your last move!

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
            HI,

            I try to remember to put my signature but occasionally when I answer
            a post on the web post I forget my sig is not there like it is on my
            email replies. Anyway, I understand the frustration with everyone
            wanting a sig, we do want to be able to check out who we are talking
            to, but I don't think everyone on this type of group is a
            professional, at least that was my understanding when I joined. I
            may be wrong but I thought there were people here possibly from
            prison, those who have access, I am not sure where I heard that, but
            I thought it was when I first joined info guys list, now maybe that
            is different. I would just privately email that person and ask them
            if they would not mind providing a signature line if they are going
            to be posting questions.

            Otherwise I don't think we have a right to demand anyone provide a
            signature line unless it is in the list rules which I admit I have
            not reviewed lately.

            I also respect the fact that some persons for whatever reasons would
            like to lurk and or post and want to remain annonymous and frankly it
            depends upon each of us individually whether we want to respond to
            that person or not.

            I imagine there are maybe even a few professional PI's that are
            wanting to be part of this group but may be undercover working and or
            handling sensitive cases and do not wish to expose themselves or may
            be at risk if they do and I want to make allowances for them. They
            need to be supported especially if they are living undercover, and
            are isolated.

            Just some thoughts to consider.

            Gladys Brierley
            Accurate Investigations
            PO Box 872
            Newton, MS 39345
            601-683-2094 bus
            601-480-3181 cell
            www.accurateinvestigations.com

            --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Frank M. Grande"

            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
              Gladys -

              I'm sorry but I truly do not agree with you. When a person is advertising
              that he/she conducts services that REQUIRE a license in the state of origin,
              they better have a complete signature line including their license number.

              An opinion that was obtain years ago, Legal Opinion 94-16, stated:

              Section 493.6111(6), Florida Statutes, requires that the agency license
              number be included in all advertising or written offers published within or
              throughout the state and other states. This requirement facilitates the regulation
              of unlicensed activity and informs the public that such activities are
              regulated. (If the agency is offering to provide services in Florida or will
              accept business in Florida, then the license number must be included in ads
              published out of state.)

              Shame on anyone that is licensed for even responding to such posts.

              ________________________

              818-246-3001 FAX

              "one Nation under God"

              a military veteran

              deal here.

            • Glad4JC@aol.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                I agree Sue, what I was referring to was in general I don't think we can
                expect everyone who comes to a list that includes other persons besides
                professional licensed PI's to have a professional signature. I do understand and
                respect the fact that any state which requires licensing and proper
                identification by its licensees would also expect those PI's to properly sign any
                communication when addressing their profession. Am I wrong in assuming based upon
                prior information that this site was open to the general public? If so I
                apologize, it seems there is a lot of frustration on the part of some PI's when
                they think they are in an exclusive group of Professional PI's when they find
                out they are not. I tried to keep that in mind and lower my expectations in
                groups where the general public is invited.

                Gladys Brierley
                ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
                PO Box 872
                Newton, MS 39345