Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Information Brokers - Send us some cases- signatures ...

  • oracleintl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
      I don't get it -- this isn't rocket science.

      If anyone proposes to offer a service to the investigative community, they
      should expect to tell us who they are, where they are doing business from,
      contact persons and contact information - is that so hard to comprehend?

      Are these people reliable? Do they have a track record one way or they
      other? Are they licensed? Are they a bunch of unlicensed Nigerians hoping to
      score some personal information they can use?

      It is hard for me to imagine that anyone cannot see why investigative
      agencies need to know this basic information about service providers.

      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
      Oracle International
      Naples, FL 34101
      (239) 304-1639 V
      (239) 304-1640 F
      (239) 641-6782 C

      In a message dated 8/30/2008 11:26:42 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      repoman@... writes:

      OIC...so one is to gleen from this, that all the information required from a
      source to be considered legit is a signature?
      c,mon
      Signature or not, that wasn't the point.

      deal here.

    • repoman@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
        Yes I get it.
        P.I.s are only interested in sources they can point the finger at in court. They aren't interested in actually running anything down.
        Not hard to comprehend at all.

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
          It is not my intention to ridicule you, or your position, but it would help
          if you could cease to be ridiculous.

          Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
          Oracle International
          Naples, FL 34101
          (239) 304-1639 V
          (239) 304-1640 F
          (239) 641-6782 C

          In a message dated 8/30/2008 11:45:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          repoman@... writes:

          Yes I get it.
          P.I.s are only interested in sources they can point the finger at in court.
          They aren't interested in actually running anything down.
          Not hard to comprehend at all.

          deal here.

        • Frank M. Grande
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
            I had a chance to read what is going on. That is a broad statement that PI's only want information from sources that they can punt the finger at in court. I myself and many other PI's rely on information from reputable sources so not to encounter any problems if there is a need to testify in court. There are many ways to retrieve information. The right way and the illegal way. I like to say we all do it the right way. Everyone is trying to make a living, in this industry I have seen too many people get into trouble due to companies advertising false information for sale. This is why a signature line comes into perspective. If gives a avenue to search the person or company you are dealing with. Just my two cents.

            Frank M. Grande
            CheckMate Investigations LLC
            P.O. Box 825
            Bethel, CT 06801
            Office: 203.743.6455
            Fax: 203.778.2415
            Toll: 866.743.6455
            Email: info@...
            Web: www.checkmate-investigations.net
            CT Lic. A-2192
            NCISS, NAIS, CALPI
            When there are no more moves, CHECKMATE! We are your last move!

            From: <repoman@...>

            Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:44:24
            To: <infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com>

            repoman@... writes:

            OIC...so one is to gleen from this, that all the information required from a
            source to be considered legit is a signature?
            c,mon
            Signature or not, that wasn't the point.

            deal here.

          • TAMA_Investigations
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
              Ok, let's clarify!!!!  Repo men/women only want to find the vehicle or whatever it is they are looking for.  PI's must not only track down that information but MUST be able to show they obtained it legally when their expert testimony is required in court.  Look at all the cell brokers who have recently had issues, the PI's that got info from wherever and now have issues.  We PI's---as we have a license to protect--must know who we are doing business with, their reputation (which reflects on our reputations) and better yet how to get in touch with them other than an email address.  In the post that started all this, the person gave a company name and email address.  No phone number and no website.  Well, of course a google search can find all of that.  Not to mention that in Florida if you advertise you MUST put your agency license number, that's the law!  Now, I admit I am no expert on FL licensing laws and not sure if this type of work is
              covered under the PI licensing laws, but I'm sure someone on this group is and will determine if a complaint needs to be filed or NOT.

              We (PI's) don't hunt down peoples cars and leave them on the street alone.  We actually have to do our research, present to a higher authority (attorney, judge, something along those lines) and then be able to show that what we did we did legally.  Hum, I think repoman you miss the point or perhaps you just don't get the difference between your job and a PI's job.

              Tina

              T.A.M.A. Investigations, Inc.
              P.O. Box 1064
              Snellville, GA 30078
              GA Agency Lic #PDC001807
              770-682-4376
              tamainvestigations@...
              http://www.tamainvestigations.com
              Memberships: IWWA, NAIS (State Chairperson), IOA, NLLI, FLIP

            • Ricky Gurley
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, <repoman@...> wrote:

                > Yes I get it.
                > P.I.s are only interested in sources they can point the finger at in
                court. They aren't interested in actually running anything down.
                > Not hard to comprehend at all.

                No, P.I.s are interested in sources that will keep them from having to
                point any fingers at all.......

                Rick.

                RMRI, Inc.
                http:////rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com
              • repoman@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                  I understand, and thank you for the moment of clarity.
                  However my entire point with this is that information sources should be welcomed irregardless of the signature line.
                  If folks are uncomfortable with them, why bother with them.
                  It doesn't mean however that they aren't of any use to anyone, and may be of more use than some people are willing to admit or commit to.

                    From: <repoman@...>

                    Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:44:24
                    To: <infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: <repoman@...>

                      Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:19:31
                      To: <infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: <repoman@...>

                      Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:44:24
                      To: <infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                        Yes let's clarify. As I am afraid several people have missed my point, as a result of what Frank pointed out.
                        I shall reoffer.
                        I understand P.I.s must have their duck in a row to be presented in court. However this point put the cart before the horse from my perspective in that I am pointing out that the important thing is to get the information then run it down.
                        That is universal.
                        If the source is unreliable that will pan out, but if the source is unknown and the information interesting. Isn't it worth checking it out?
                        I believe that sources should be welcomed, it is our job to take the information and do what is required, legally of course, to check it out and run with it. Again universal.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, <repoman@...> wrote:

                          > Yes let's clarify. As I am afraid several people have missed my
                          point, as a result of what Frank pointed out.
                          > I shall reoffer.
                          > I understand P.I.s must have their duck in a row to be presented in
                          court. However this point put the cart before the horse from my
                          perspective in that I am pointing out that the important thing is to
                          get the information then run it down.
                          > That is universal.
                          > If the source is unreliable that will pan out, but if the source is
                          unknown and the information interesting. Isn't it worth checking it out?
                          > I believe that sources should be welcomed, it is our job to take the
                          information and do what is required, legally of course, to check it
                          out and run with it. Again universal.

                          I think you are missing the point....

                          Now, ALL information should be verified. But, if I have to go through
                          the same steps that my information source does to verify the
                          information, then why am I paying my information source?

                          There is a difference in verifying the information you get, and having
                          to get the information yourself all over again once you've paid your
                          source for the information..

                          That is why I want a reliable information source. Because I want to
                          know that the information that I buy from my source is accurate, my
                          source did all of the due diligence on that information, my source
                          understands and can explain to me how they got this information, that
                          it was obtained legally, and how they KNOW they obtained the
                          information legally. These are worries that I don't want to have
                          because I trusted an information source that won't even tell me who
                          they are other than to give me just enough information to send a check
                          to or bill my credit card with...

                          The signature line in and of itself does not make a good information
                          source, but absent a signature line I begin to see "red flags". I ask
                          myself, why does this source not want everyone to know who they are if
                          they are legitimate? What happens if I find a problem with their
                          information after I pay them, if all I have is an email address to
                          correspond with them at; will they even respond to my email? Why can't
                          they give me a number to call them at? Is this information source a
                          mature person that understands my risks and liabilities when I use
                          their information, or is it a 15 year old "hacker" that has "hacked" a
                          few databases and could care less about my risks and liabilities? If
                          it is someone that has obtained the information illegally, will I be
                          implicated along with them or sued for their actions?

                          C'mon! Tell me who you are! If you are legitimate, and you are
                          concerned about my welfare in regards to using your information, you
                          might make a "ton" of money off of me. But, let me know that you are
                          legitimate, and that I am not going to be the one looking foolish in
                          court because I used your information. Let me know that you care as
                          much about conducting legitimate business as I do. And do this by
                          telling me who you are and giving me the impression that I can check
                          you out, because you have nothing to hide, and you are doing
                          legitimate business....

                          Rick.

                          RMRI, Inc.
                          http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com
                        • Joan Farley Nyobe
                          Message 12 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                            Wow.very well stated Rick. Especially in this age, with over populated scam
                            artists just waiting in the bushes ready to pounce on someone, anyone. You
                            have to demand full disclosure. You have to know who your sources are to
                            protect and maintain the integrity of your business. Well stated Rick.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                              You cannot go into a bank and apply for a business account with just your
                              name or email address. We all need so much more to go on. Let's be
                              reputable, shall we?

                              Joan Farley Nyobe

                              From: <repoman@... <mailto:repoman%40hotmail.com> >

                              Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:19:31
                              To: <infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com <mailto:infoguys-list%40yahoogroups.com>

                              signatures ...

                              repoman@... <mailto:repoman%40hotmail.com> writes:

                              OIC...so one is to gleen from this, that all the information required from a

                              source to be considered legit is a signature?
                              c,mon
                              Signature or not, that wasn't the point.

                              **************It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your
                              travel
                              deal here.

                            • Joan Farley Nyobe
                              Message 14 of 23 , Aug 30, 2008
                                Very good point Tina.

                                Joan Farley Nyobe

                                tamainvestigations@... <mailto:tamainvestigations%40yahoo.com>

                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 31, 2008
                                  Please help me stop this chain of emails from repeating itself. I don't know
                                  what to do.

                                  Joan Farley Nyobe

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 31, 2008
                                    This has been an abrupt, but nonetheless enlightening foray into the information world for me from the perspective of what appears to be a majority of folks on the list nowadays. Investigators.
                                    This list as I have been led to believe, is not a P.I. only list, (although I seem to be the only one other than P.I.s here at the moment). So why should the information sources cater only to the P.I.s.
                                    Plainly put, if they don't have a signature, then the P.I.s won't use them. Fine, then don't.
                                    I honestly don't care, aside from the entertainment value.
                                    It doesn't mean, that information they are offering isn't of use to anyone else. Further, they shouldn't be "flamed" in the list for offering it. Unless ,of course, advertising on the list isn't allowed. Which doesn't make sense given the commercials some folks run for signatures.
                                    Thank you all, for your insight. I just offer that I am trying to protect all my potential sources. Even though they don't seem to want to speak for themselves.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 31, 2008
                                      --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, <repoman@...> wrote:

                                      > This has been an abrupt, but nonetheless enlightening foray into the
                                      information world for me from the perspective of what appears to be a
                                      majority of folks on the list nowadays. Investigators.
                                      > This list as I have been led to believe, is not a P.I. only list,
                                      (although I seem to be the only one other than P.I.s here at the
                                      moment). So why should the information sources cater only to the P.I.s.
                                      > Plainly put, if they don't have a signature, then the P.I.s won't
                                      use them. Fine, then don't.
                                      > I honestly don't care, aside from the entertainment value.
                                      > It doesn't mean, that information they are offering isn't of use to
                                      anyone else. Further, they shouldn't be "flamed" in the list for
                                      offering it. Unless ,of course, advertising on the list isn't allowed.
                                      Which doesn't make sense given the commercials some folks run for
                                      signatures.
                                      > Thank you all, for your insight. I just offer that I am trying to
                                      protect all my potential sources. Even though they don't seem to want
                                      to speak for themselves.

                                      The fact that they are not speaking for themselves here might be a
                                      "red flag" in and of itself...

                                      The point here is this.. What we are asking for is a signature line..
                                      That is not too hard to make happen. Takes me 10 seconds... The
                                      sig--line can be set to automatically generate with each post.. I
                                      don't think we are asking too much...

                                      Hey Bill, if you want to use their information, feel free to. Email
                                      them, pay them, and see what you get... It's 50/50 that you'll get
                                      good information, and if you like those odds, have at it. But, don't
                                      ask people that deal in information to make a living with working
                                      critical cases with seriously high stakes, day in and day out to stake
                                      there reputation and their client's lives on those odds.... We want to
                                      increase our odds of getting good, accurate, and LEGAL information by
                                      knowing our sources...

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 31, 2008
                                        I wish I had got the link to join in the PI chat however, I realize I failed
                                        to submit all the required paperwork. Purely an oversight. Ihope to catch
                                        the next chat session. I think they are great tools in learning and sharing
                                        new information.

                                        Joan Farley Nyobe

                                        > This has been an abrupt, but nonetheless enlightening foray into the
                                        information world for me from the perspective of what appears to be a
                                        majority of folks on the list nowadays. Investigators.
                                        > This list as I have been led to believe, is not a P.I. only list,
                                        (although I seem to be the only one other than P.I.s here at the
                                        moment). So why should the information sources cater only to the P.I.s.
                                        > Plainly put, if they don't have a signature, then the P.I.s won't
                                        use them. Fine, then don't.
                                        > I honestly don't care, aside from the entertainment value.
                                        > It doesn't mean, that information they are offering isn't of use to
                                        anyone else. Further, they shouldn't be "flamed" in the list for
                                        offering it. Unless ,of course, advertising on the list isn't allowed.
                                        Which doesn't make sense given the commercials some folks run for
                                        signatures.
                                        > Thank you all, for your insight. I just offer that I am trying to
                                        protect all my potential sources. Even though they don't seem to want
                                        to speak for themselves.

                                        The fact that they are not speaking for themselves here might be a
                                        "red flag" in and of itself...

                                        The point here is this.. What we are asking for is a signature line..
                                        That is not too hard to make happen. Takes me 10 seconds... The
                                        sig--line can be set to automatically generate with each post.. I
                                        don't think we are asking too much...

                                        Hey Bill, if you want to use their information, feel free to. Email
                                        them, pay them, and see what you get... It's 50/50 that you'll get
                                        good information, and if you like those odds, have at it. But, don't
                                        ask people that deal in information to make a living with working
                                        critical cases with seriously high stakes, day in and day out to stake
                                        there reputation and their client's lives on those odds.... We want to
                                        increase our odds of getting good, accurate, and LEGAL information by
                                        knowing our sources...

                                        Rick.

                                        RMRI, Inc.
                                        http://rmriinc.bestcyberinvestigator.com

                                      • Salvatore F. Alioto
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                                          It's really simple folks. If they don't have a signature line don't
                                          reply to their posts. If it were up to me I would not even allow
                                          nickname id's or email addresses to be hidden. I don't routinely talk to
                                          people on the street wearing masks why would I do that here?

                                          If enough members adhere to [shunning the unidentified], eventually
                                          everyone will get the idea. That said, you can't get upset if someone
                                          does make or replies to an unsigned post. Apparently a properly
                                          identifying oneself is not required on this group and therfore the
                                          unsigned and unidentified posts make it past the moderator.

                                          Perhaps a concerted appeal to the moderator(s) requesting that proper
                                          identity information be required on each post will be honored if enough
                                          group members make such a request.

                                          AS I AM NOW MAKING! (sorry, I didn't mean to yell)

                                          Identifying onself is proper business practice not to mention just plain
                                          old "good manners".

                                          ************ Discreetly Addressing Your Private Needs ************

                                          Salvatore F. Alioto

                                          Owner/Operator Able Shamus Investigations

                                          Retired Sergeant NY City Police Department

                                          Licensed by the NY State Department of State

                                          Private Investigation License # 11000101082

                                          Armed Security License # 10010514064

                                          Notary Public Commission # 01AL6083412

                                          Proudly Serving the NY State Hudson Valley / NY City Metro / Long Island
                                          Regions

                                          Phone # (845) 656-4027

                                          Fax # (845) 226-3629

                                          Website - http://sfapi.tripod.com/ <http://sfapi.tripod.com/>

                                        • Frank M. Grande
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                                            Sal,

                                            You make a very valid point. I do not feel the need to reiterate the post made.

                                            We are all professionals. I am always looking to conduct business with anyone on any group. Their signature line allows we to know who I am dealing with.

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                                              HI,

                                              I try to remember to put my signature but occasionally when I answer
                                              a post on the web post I forget my sig is not there like it is on my
                                              email replies. Anyway, I understand the frustration with everyone
                                              wanting a sig, we do want to be able to check out who we are talking
                                              to, but I don't think everyone on this type of group is a
                                              professional, at least that was my understanding when I joined. I
                                              may be wrong but I thought there were people here possibly from
                                              prison, those who have access, I am not sure where I heard that, but
                                              I thought it was when I first joined info guys list, now maybe that
                                              is different. I would just privately email that person and ask them
                                              if they would not mind providing a signature line if they are going
                                              to be posting questions.

                                              Otherwise I don't think we have a right to demand anyone provide a
                                              signature line unless it is in the list rules which I admit I have
                                              not reviewed lately.

                                              I also respect the fact that some persons for whatever reasons would
                                              like to lurk and or post and want to remain annonymous and frankly it
                                              depends upon each of us individually whether we want to respond to
                                              that person or not.

                                              I imagine there are maybe even a few professional PI's that are
                                              wanting to be part of this group but may be undercover working and or
                                              handling sensitive cases and do not wish to expose themselves or may
                                              be at risk if they do and I want to make allowances for them. They
                                              need to be supported especially if they are living undercover, and
                                              are isolated.

                                              Just some thoughts to consider.

                                              Gladys Brierley
                                              Accurate Investigations
                                              PO Box 872
                                              Newton, MS 39345
                                              601-683-2094 bus
                                              601-480-3181 cell
                                              www.accurateinvestigations.com

                                              --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, "Frank M. Grande"

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                                                Gladys -

                                                I'm sorry but I truly do not agree with you. When a person is advertising
                                                that he/she conducts services that REQUIRE a license in the state of origin,
                                                they better have a complete signature line including their license number.

                                                An opinion that was obtain years ago, Legal Opinion 94-16, stated:

                                                Section 493.6111(6), Florida Statutes, requires that the agency license
                                                number be included in all advertising or written offers published within or
                                                throughout the state and other states. This requirement facilitates the regulation
                                                of unlicensed activity and informs the public that such activities are
                                                regulated. (If the agency is offering to provide services in Florida or will
                                                accept business in Florida, then the license number must be included in ads
                                                published out of state.)

                                                Shame on anyone that is licensed for even responding to such posts.

                                                ________________________

                                                818-246-3001 FAX

                                                "one Nation under God"

                                                a military veteran

                                                deal here.

                                              • Glad4JC@aol.com
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                                                  I agree Sue, what I was referring to was in general I don't think we can
                                                  expect everyone who comes to a list that includes other persons besides
                                                  professional licensed PI's to have a professional signature. I do understand and
                                                  respect the fact that any state which requires licensing and proper
                                                  identification by its licensees would also expect those PI's to properly sign any
                                                  communication when addressing their profession. Am I wrong in assuming based upon
                                                  prior information that this site was open to the general public? If so I
                                                  apologize, it seems there is a lot of frustration on the part of some PI's when
                                                  they think they are in an exclusive group of Professional PI's when they find
                                                  out they are not. I tried to keep that in mind and lower my expectations in
                                                  groups where the general public is invited.

                                                  Gladys Brierley
                                                  ACCURATE INVESTIGATIONS
                                                  PO Box 872
                                                  Newton, MS 39345