Re: [infoguys-list] More Email Interception Arguments....

    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 6, 2008
      In a message dated 8/6/2008 2:32:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      rmriinc@... writes:

      The same old arguments on email interceptions, seems like some people
      (a few Judges at least, think as I do): _http://tinyurl.http://tin_
      (http://tinyurl.com/6dtg5y)

      Rick.

      Rick -

      I fully understand your position. However, in the current case if such
      winds up being the law, the bad guys win and the good guys lose. That will be
      the wave of the future. Offshore companies will be the death of American
      legitimate business people as legitimate "discovery" will be a joke.

      UGH !!

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.

      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 8, 2008
        In a message dated 8/8/2008 2:43:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        rmriinc@... writes:

        Excellent! In the meantime see if you and the "experts" can reverse
        the denial of the motion for summary judgment sought by Valence
        Media....... LOL.

        Rick -

        In the very beginning I said that she found for the good guys against the
        thieves although the good guys did a no-no. However, I also stated something
        to the effect that with bad guys operating out of foreign countries and the
        like, American businesses do not stand a chance anymore if they are forced to
        abide by the laws since the bad guys don't.

        In this case Discovery was ordered. The defense said certain records didn't
        exist and that they provided everything they were ordered to do. They did
        NOT. The plaintiffs then went out and got the ordered docs themselves. They
        did exist and the court reviewed them.

        Now, had she not ruled as she did, the unlawfully obtained docs would have
        been quashed and she would not have been able to grant a 110+ MIL judgment
        along with a permanent INJUNCTION. The money is a moot issue since all defs have
        filed BK but the INJUNCTION is what they really needed. The piracy was
        costing American companies a small fortune to the detriment of the American
        economy and the good guys inuring to the benefit of the pirates.

        As I said to Branscum many years ago, sometimes the ends does justify the
        means.

        By the way, if anyone wants to review the entire case excluding only the
        "chamber sessions" they can do so at -
        _http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/california/cacdce/2:2006cv01093/182718/_
        (http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/california/cacdce/2:2006cv01093/182718/)

        818-246-3001 FAX