Family law question

  • kygirlot
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2008
      Hi,

      I am trying to find out the some terminology for when (ex.) a
      grandparent has had a grandchild in there care for a period of time,
      they can file for (this) and be considered the same as the parent as
      with rights of the child. I was told about this by child services
      awhile ago and I do not remember now, also, the child has to be in
      custody of this person for a certain amount of time, which I think
      maybe different in each state. I appreciate any help you can give.